How to Share or Make your Google Calendar Public from Any Device?by Bella Thomas Verified Toll-free
If you use Google Calendar a lot to organize your schedule or make plans, you'll probably want to share it with your friends, workmates or family. There could be a lot of good reasons behind sharing your calendar with someone. If you also want to share your calendar or make it public, then Google Calendar gives you a simple way to do this. You can do this from any of your devices, computer, laptop, and even on a smartphone using Google Calendar in a browser.
Note: You can’t share your Google Calendar using the mobile app.
How to share your calendar with specific people
If you want to share your calendar with your friend, workmate, cousin, or anyone privately, then you can use this method. Google Calendar can also be shared publicly, for which the next method has given. The instructions provided are for a desktop browser, but you can perform them on a mobile browser, as well.
- Open an internet browser on your device.
- Enter “calendar.google.com” into the search bar and press the ‘Enter’ or ‘Return’ button. Doing so directly opens the Google Calendar in your browser.
- You may have to enter the email and password of your Google account to login first. If a Google account is opened previously, then you won’t get the option to log in.
- Once you have signed in to Google Calendar using your account, you can see all of your calendars listed in the column located at the left side of the screen under “My calendars” heading. If you don’t see any of your calendars here, then click the downward-facing ‘Arrow’ button given adjacent to ‘My calendars.’
- Look for the calendar you want to share and hover the mouse cursor over it. Doing so highlights that calendar and shows the ‘More’ button for it.
- Click on the ‘More’ (Three dots) button. It will show you different options for the selected calendar.
- Click on ‘Settings and sharing’ under the more menu. A new page will load with settings for the selected calendar.
- Go to the ‘Share with specific people’ heading.
- And, click on the ‘+ Add people’ option. This will open a dialog box on the screen with the Add email and Permissions field.
- Click on the add email field and input the email of the person you want to share your calendar with. You can also select a person from the suggested options.
- After adding a person’s email, click on the ‘Permissions’ dropdown button to set the permissions for the person you’re sharing your calendar with. You’ll see permissions options under the dropdown button.
- Click to choose your desired permission option.
- After that, check your entered info once and then click the ‘Send’ button.
The person will be invited to your shared calendar. They can use the invite email to access and view your shared Google Calendar.
How to share your Google Calendar publicly
If you want to make your Google Calendar public, so that anyone from the world can access it and view your events, then go with this method. Here is how to make a Google Calendar public.
- Open an internet browser on your device.
- Enter “calendar.google.com” into the search bar and press the ‘Enter’ or ‘Return’ button.
- You may have to enter the email and password of your Google account to login in first. If a Google account is opened previously, then you won’t get the option to log in.
- Look for the calendar you want to make public under the ‘My calendars’ heading in the left column. Click the downward-facing ‘Arrow’ button given adjacent to ‘My calendars,’ if none of your calendars appear there.
- Hover the mouse cursor over the calendar you want to make public, and then click on the ‘More’ (Three dots) button.
- Click on ‘Settings and Sharing.’
- Now, go to the ‘Access Permissions’ section in the page load with the calendar’s settings.
- Click the box of ‘Make available to the public.’
- Read the Warning message and click on ‘OK.’ Doing to make your selected calendar public. Now, you will get a link through which you can share the calendar with people.
- Click on the ‘Get Shareable Link’ option. A pop-up box will open with the link you can share your calendar.
- Click on the ‘Copy link’ option to copy the given link.
You can now paste the copied link anywhere to share your calendar.
Bella Williams, an employee currently living in USA and working at a top printer service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news and other articles on varied topics like kodak printer support, Dell Printer Support, Kyocera Printer Support etc.
Created on Oct 15th 2019 00:30. Viewed 198 times.