How to Share Location with Maps on iPad and iPhone?by Oliviya Strome Web Deigning
If you are stuck at a place where you are not familiar with the location or surrounding, in this case, Maps can help you a lot. Location tracking and sharing is not a difficult task. So, it also helps you if you wish to let other people know your location and track you at any time.
Sometimes, you want to be picked by someone or if your car broke down or you are separated from your family. In this case, you have the option of using a built-in system Map. You may also use third-party apps for the same.
Maps is one of the most used and reliable tools to find someone or a particular spot. It is used by millions to track the exact location with precise venue spotting features. It is used by professional tourists or guides of a travel agency. You can effortlessly use it for various purposes.
Here is how to share your location or direction with Maps for iPhone or iPad.
Sharing Location with Maps for iPhone and iPad
You may easily share your location through default Mail or Messages extension. You have to make sure that the app that you are using for detecting or sharing your location has the extension feature.
To share your direction and location with someone else with Maps, follow these instructions:
- Firstly, open Maps application directly from your Home screen.
- Then, hit the option “current location arrow.” It will automatically bring you to the location on your Map. A pulsating blue dot indicates it.
- After that, press the blue dotted icon there.
- Hit the option “Share My location.”
- Press the extension that you desire to use for sharing your location.
Adding Location to Notes with Maps for iPhone or iPad
Users can easily send the location to the Notes application in order to gather information for various projects, travel and tourism etc. To add your particular location to Notes, follow these instructions carefully:
- First and foremost, tap the Maps app directly from your Home page.
- Then, hit the arrow tab related to the option “current location.” It will bring you to the venue indicating on the Map. The blue icon with a dot indicates it.
- Then, press the blue dot icon.
- Press the Share My Location option.
- After that, hit the extension option “add to notes.”
- Now, save to the notebook that you have selected.
Sharing Location through AirDrop with Maps on iPhone or iPad
If you wish to share your location via AirDrop with Maps on your iOS device, then pursue these steps:
- First of all, select the Maps application to launch on your device screen.
- Now, press the arrow associated with the current location option. This action will take you to a particular location on the Map, indicated by a blue-coloured dot.
- Then, press the blue dotted icon.
- Next, hit the option of “Share My Location.”
- After that, select the person or nearby popular venue or spot in order to share your current location through AirDrop.
Sharing Direction with Maps for iPhone or iPad
You may share complete directions with Maps apart from the locations sharing. In order to share directions, follow these effortless instructions carefully:
- You have to open the Maps app on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Then, press the search panel.
- Now, type the specific address or your current location.
- Next, scroll down the page and choose the option “share sheet.”
- After that, send your direction by using your desired method.
Your iPhone and iPad offer several ways in which you can share your location. With the steps shared above, you will find it easy to share your live location over Maps.
Hey there, I’m Oliviya . I’m a web developer living in USA. I am a fan of photography, technology, and design. I’m also interested in arts and web development. Read my Blog, Ukreder
Created on Aug 10th 2020 03:32. Viewed 224 times.