How to Share Files in Microsoft Teamsby Hayate Abul Digital Marketing
Nowadays, the Office environment is rapidly shifting, and in this case, we should not let our productivity get affected on a large scale. MS Teams works very conveniently on both laptops and PCs for sending and receiving various files across different devices. In MS Teams, one can share and upload various files in the same order as you are conducting a meeting with your office colleagues and clients.
Pursue these guidelines to know how to manage MS Teams to share various files on your device:
- Sharing a File on Desktop
One of the great advantages of using this application is the convenience of sharing files on the desktop and they are easily accessible through the web link of your respective file. It means that you don’t need to upload the single file on various locations to provide access to your file to others.
MS Teams provides a couple of ways for sharing files just from the comfort of your PC.
- Sharing Files While Chatting One-on-One or in Groups
You can share your desired file while having it in the chat session. To do so, follow these compatible instructions:
- First and foremost, hit the “Choose File” tab that appears as a paperclip. This icon is situated at the right-hand side section just under the box where you used to create your message. Once you select the file, then Team will automatically upload a copy of your original file.
- Team also provides various modes to access multiple options for sharing your file with others. There are also two options:
- Select the Business account
- Upload the file directly from the system
- You may also use third party cloud storage that also works fine. It worked when you or an admin member added this application to the Teams app.
- In case you wish to upload a file directly from your device, then you have to hit the paperclip symbol and then choose the file. Scroll the page down and choose the Share option for uploading the particular file there.
- Sharing File through a Channel
Channel provides a quick way to share and send your file to other members. In this case, you won’t require waiting for the particular video to load on your chatting page. To share your file via the channel, you have to follow these instructions carefully:
- Hit the available paperclip icon there and then select your desired file to share.
- In an alternative way, you may hit the Files option located in the channel section and then hit the Upload tab. Both options will bring you to the following screen where you may choose files.
- Sharing on iOS Devices
In case you own an iOS device and wish to share files. The whole process for this sharing operation is relatively effortless, and most of the instructions are similar to using the Windows PC. To share a file on an iOS device, you should abide by these instructions:
- In the beginning, hit the paperclip icon of selecting a file. This option is placed under the message section.
- Now, choose the respective file from the system and use cloud storage.
- In case you wish to share a particular file that already exists on Teams application, then hit the ellipsis icon that provides extra options and then scroll the page down to the Files tab.
- There is another way to share your files on Teams by navigating on the already uploaded file and then hit the tab “More Options.” Now, scroll the page down and then hit the Share button there. After that, choose the person whom you wish to share your data by using the search tool.
- Sharing Files on Android
If you want to share your files on the android gadget, then you can do so very easily. To do so, pursue these offered instructions:
- Firstly, you have to attach your files while chatting with your clients by just tapping on the option “Choose File.” It’s a paperclip icon located under the section of the composition box. Now, choose the file for sharing just from the comfort of your handheld device or cloud application. Alternatively, you can also upload your desired files on the web or desktop application. This action will provide you the access to view those files in the future on your system.
- In case, you wish to share something that is already uploaded to the application of Teams, then navigate to the navigation section located at the lowermost section of your app and then swipe upward. Once you view the Menu option, you have to hit the files that you wish by scrolling the page.
- Now, a list of files will expand on your device, and you have to select your desired one. You may choose from the cloud storage section also. Now, hit the ellipse icon and hit the Share tab by scrolling the page.
Mathew Anderson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for directory Websites at Antivirus Blogs.
source : Share Files in Microsoft Teams
Created on May 22nd 2020 03:43. Viewed 222 times.