How To Set Up Email On Your Windows 8 PC?
by karen minton I am a software engineer
Windows 8 has a Modern User Interface, which combines several basic PC operations into integrated applications. One such application introduced in Windows 8 is the Mail app. It is designed for touch input and it is very easy to use. One can access multiple accounts in the same app, thus this app is very convenient to use. Here is how you can set up your email on Windows 8.
- Go to the Start screen and click on Mail. If the Mail app is not there on display then look got “Mail.”
- Now you need to launch the Charms bar. Shift the pointer to the top right-hand side of the screen and open Charms.
- Click on the gear icon named Settings from the right corner.
- From the list of options listed under Settings, click on Accounts.
- Now, you will be able to see all the accounts which are linked to the Mail application at present.
- Click on Add an account.
- Now, in the Add your account window, you will have to type in your email address and password. You can check the box below to include the Google contacts and calendars.
- Enter the security code for authentication if prompted.
- You can determine whether or not you wish the Sign In credentials to be saved or not. This comes in handy because logging in to your email account across synchronized devices becomes convenient. Check the box next to remember my credentials and click on the OK button in the Sign In window.
- You can determine whether or not you wish to connect the email account to your Microsoft Account. Click on OK if you want to do so, otherwise select the Cancel option.
- Now, you can add the contacts. Some email clients do this automatically. However, for some, you may have to do it manually.
Set up an email account in the Mail app
The Mail application is extremely handy. It allows you to access all your email accounts in one place. Now, you do not have to download several apps and go to different sites just to access your emails.
If you have a Microsoft email account (Outlook, Live, Hotmail, or MSN), then you merely have to log in to the computer. Head to the Start screen and launch the Mail application.
However, if your email address is of Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc., then you need to apply the steps given below:
- Go to Start.
- Click on the Mail app.
- You need to swipe to the right side of the display,
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Accounts and choose to Add an account.
- Select the kind of account you have to add.
- Type the email and password for the account you wish to add.
- Finally, click on Connect.
Source url :- https://how-to-setup.org/how-to-set-up-email-on-your-windows-8-pc/
Created on Jul 17th 2018 01:29. Viewed 914 times.