How to Set Up a Skype Call that Anyone can Join (No App or Sign-In Required)by karen minton I am a software engineer
If you do not want to attach with Zoom meeting because of your privacy concern, then you can try Skype meeting features that allows anyone to connect with you via a link. In this article, we will teach you how you can set up a video call on Skype.
The Skype Meet feature is handy for the user who doesn’t want to use Zoom application for conferencing. Due to the ongoing novel disease, people are staying at home and they need regular video conferencing with their colleagues.
Firstly, you need to visit the Skype video conferencing page and then sign with your account details. Here you can make a free meeting and generate an instant link that you need to send to your colleague. When the colleague taps on the link, they will be directly directed to your video conferencing.
Recipients do not need to download the Skype application or sign in with any account.
Here are the steps on how to make a video conferencing that anyone can join:
- Launch the Skype meeting page and login with your Skype account. Tap on creating a Free Meeting option.
- Now the Skype website will quickly create a link with randomized characters and numbers.
- Tap and copy the link and then add to your shortcut option.
- Alternatively, if you wish to invite a team using email, you need to tap on the Share button and then select the Outlook mail or Gmail button.
- Here a participant opens the link on their browser, and they will ask that if you wish to launch the Skype application directly.
- If you tap on the Skype option, then it will launch the meeting group in the Skype application directly.
- The recipient doesn’t need to do this above process; they only need to tap on the “cancel” button to join in the group call as a guest.
- When the option disappears from the screen, then you need to tap on the “Join as Guest” button.
- Here participant needs to enter their name, and then they need to tap on the “joint” option to join with the Skype meetings in their browser quickly.
- When every participant joint in the meeting, you just tap on the “Start Call” option to start the video conferencing.
- You can also see the copy option again to invite. Then tap on the “Start Call” option to start the video call.
- Here you need to use the “Share Call Link” button to share the link for video call any time while conversation.
- Here you need to tap on Edit option and then rename the meeting name.
After completing the above process, if you need, you can connect with the meeting using Skype Meet. Whenever you want to delete this meeting that you have created, then right-tap on the conference and select delete option.
Created on Apr 13th 2020 02:57. Viewed 118 times.