How to Set Spotify Playlist as Alarm on Androidby Hayate Abul Digital Marketing
Have you got bored with the default annoying alarm tone? Do you want to listen to some fantastic music instead of that traditional alarm clip? If yes, then you have landed on the right place. In this article, we are going to show you how to set your Spotify playlist as the alarm sound. In case you use some other service instead of Spotify such as YouTube Music or Pandora, then also you can do the same thing.
Getting Your Device Ready for Choosing Spotify as Alarm on Android
You will need to install and setup the Google Clock app in order to set the Spotify as an Alarm tone on the Android device. In case you got a stock Android phone such as Pixel, then the app might already have this app as bloatware on your phone. In case you got other Android phones that have the nonstock version, then you would head to the Google Play Store and then search for the app. Then choose the most appropriate result and install the app with the prompts on the screen. Now also ensure that you have installed the Spotify app as well as sign in to set up the music app. The best thing about this app is that you don’t need to buy the premium subscription in order to use the Alarm feature.
You can straightly use the free account to set your favorite music as an alarm tone using the Google Clock application.
Simple Solution to Use Spotify Songs as Alarm Tone on Android
Once you have installed both the apps and have the account settled up in the Spotify app, then you are all ready to start the process of setting Spotify songs as your alarm on Android. Here are the instructions to set your favorite tracks as an alarm on Android phones and tablets:
- Navigate to the Clock app on your device.
- Jump to the Alarm tab by pressing the Alarm icon on the top.
- Hit the + icon to create a new alarm on your phone.
- Then head to the bell button to expand the settings of the alarm.
- Now choose the Spotify option.
- If the Spotify app does not appear under the settings of the alarm, then ensure that you have Spotify apps installed and settled up.
- Now head to Menu and then head to Show Spotify on the upper-right corner.
- In case it is your first time setting Spotify as an alarm tone, then you would have to connect your Spotify app with the Clock app. You will receive a verification link to setup Spotify with Clock.
- When Spotify is connected to the Clock app, you have to choose a playlist that you love to play in the early morning. The app itself would recommend the playlist, so you can choose from that.
- If your favorite song is not in the recommended playlist (obviously the app doesn’t know your taste), then hit on Search above to find your song, album, or playlist.
- Before setting it finally the alarm tone, you can preview the track in the Spotify app right there, no need to open the app separately.
- To preview a track, just click on three dots located beside the song name and then hit the Open in Spotify option.
- When the alarm rings in the morning, you might look at the track’s name that is playing on the lower part of your screen.
- Once the alarm explodes, after stopping it, you can hit on the Continue Playing option to continue your favorite tracks while you get fresh and get ready for the work.
Easy Way to Set YouTube Music and Pandora as Alarm on Android
In case you don’t love the Spotify app for the alarm music, there are two other options available that offer diverse music collection then Spotify like Pandora and YouTube Music. You can also set their songs as your alarm tone on your Android phones. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure that you have the app installed already on your device before starting. In case you don’t have any one of these apps, then head to Google Play Store and install the app.
- Once the app installs, make sure to complete the sign in or sign up process in the music app no matter whichever app you are using.
- Then make sure you have Google Clock app, and in case you don’t, then install it directly from the play store.
- Afterwards, Open the Clock app and then head to the bell icon.
- Head to the three dots on the upper-right side.
- Now enable to show the YouTube Music or Pandora service in the Clock app.
- Pick a song that is recommended or just search for the desired one.
- Set it as your alarm tone by choosing the song.
Now you have successfully selected your Spotify, Pandora, or YouTube Music as your Android alarm, so be ready to listen to your favorite track every morning.
Mathew Anderson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source : Spotify Playlist as Alarm on Android
Created on Mar 4th 2020 08:20. Viewed 131 times.