How to Redeem & Use Google Play Gift Card, Promo Code, or Gift Codeby Hayate Abul Digital marketer
Apart from being the biggest app store in the world, Google Play is also a video store, a bookstore, and a music subscription service. During the festival season and holiday season or on birthdays people will get gift cards or gift codes through email, physical cards and in some other way. These gift codes can be used to purchase any games, apps, books, music, etc.
Here is how to redeem & use Google Play gift card, promo code, or gift code.
How to redeem & use Google Play gift card, promo code, or gift code on your phone or Tablet
Unfortunately, you can’t scan and take pictures of the gift cards or send them into the emails as in Apple. So, you can only enter the code to redeem.
1. Launch ‘Google Play Store’ on your phone or tablet.
2. On the Google Play home screen, click on the ‘Hamburger’ icon at the top-left corner.
3. Scroll down into the menu, and click on ‘Redeem’ it is near the bottom of the menu.
4. Now into the Redeem your code prompt, type your 16-digit gift or promo code.
5. And, tap on ‘REDEEM’ button.
6. Then tap ‘CONFIRM.’
That’s it! Gift code amount will be added to your Google account instantly. Now you can use the amount to purchase any item from play store. If any error got happened then simply check the code and try again.
How to redeem & use Google Play gift card, promo code, or gift code on your Computer
You can also use your computer to redeem a gift card and this also simple and similar like redeeming on the phone. If you got a code online, you could simply copy and paste it into the redeem window on “play.google.com/redeem.”
1. Use a browser, and navigate to “play.google.com/store.”
2. Now, click on the ‘Redeem’ option. It is near the left-bottom corner of the desktop.
You can also use ‘play.google.com/redeem’ to open the redeem form directly.
3. Now on the Redeem Code window, type your 16-digit gift or promo code.
4. And click on the ‘Redeem’ button.
5. Then click ‘Confirm.’
That’s it! Instantly the gift code amount will be added to your Google account. Now you can use the amount to purchase any item from play store. If any error occurs, then verify the code and retry.
How to redeem & use Google Play gift card, promo code, or gift code while purchasing
You’re also able to use the gift card or promo code while you’re purchasing an item like Game, app, music or movie from Play Store. If you don’t have sufficient amount for your purchase at that time, you can redeem the gift or promo codes.
1. Go to Google Play Store and begin the purchasing process.
2. Before tapping the Buy button, tap on ‘upward facing arrow’ at the right side of the screen.
3. Go to ‘Change Payment Options.’
4. Select ‘Redeem’ from it.
5. Now, type your 16-digit gift or promo code.
6. And, tap ‘Redeem’ button.
7. Then tap ‘Confirm.’
The amount will be added, and now you can proceed with your purchasing. Google doesn’t offer Google wallets to underage accounts. So, for underage user gift and promo codes are the only way to purchase an item from Google Play Store.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setupsource : Google Play Gift Card
Created on Mar 13th 2019 12:53. Viewed 98 times.