How to Program a Universal Remote Control
by karen minton I am a software engineer
The instructions to program a universal remote control have mentioned all the codes and manufactures, which let you sync your device easily. But in case you have lost or misplaced them, then you don’t have to worry. Universal remotes can find the codes through the database and can sync with any other devices like VCR or DVD. In this article, you will get to know how to program a universal remote control.
Steps to Program a Universal Remote Control
• Using the Internet to get the code.
1. Ensure that the device you wish to control should be switched on.
2. Click on the setup option in case you do not have this option in the remote, then leave this step.
3. Keep pressing on the device button according to the device you are currently using.
4. Now, you will get the power and device buttons on the screen.
5. You need to keep pressing it and type the code which you will get on the brand,
6. If this brand has many codes, then you need to type each one on the column.
7. In case you have typed the valid code, then the power key of the remote gets switch off.
8. In case it is not a valid code, then the previous steps again till you enter a valid code.
9. After completing this procedure, you have to make a control on the device.
10. You should control its features like changing the TV channel according to you, up and down the volume and switch the TV on and off.
11. Copy the valid codes so that you can use it again when it is required.
• Using Autocode search.
- Switch on the device which you wish to control.
- Keep pressing on the correct device button.
- Keep pressing on the power and the device buttons together.
- Free the buttons once you switch on and off the power.
- Click on the Play option and after that, free it.
- Check the device you wish to control is switching off or not. In case it is switching off, then this means you have entered a valid code.
- Click on the reverse button given on the remote for a few seconds.
- You need to wait until the device gets switched on.
- After switching on the device, the remove has got the valid code.
- Copy this code by clicking on the stop button given on the remote.
- Now, you have to check that you have a control on all the functions on your remote.
Related article :
How to Connect a Bluetooth Device in Windows 7
Kellie minton is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Jun 3rd 2019 02:10. Viewed 248 times.