How to Prepare your new Gaming Laptopby james thomsan blogger
As you wake up to the sound of birds chirping on a Christmas morning and run towards the Christmas tree to unwrap your gift, you may be surprised to find a new gaming laptop!
But before getting any further, you should check out what you need to make your gaming experience much more exciting. You can refer to some of the tricks and tips below to enhance and prepare your new gaming laptop.
Switching off Mouse Acceleration
Your Windows 10 comes with the various optimized features to make the user interaction much more dynamic. Still, if you are preparing your laptop as a gaming junction, you may not require them at all.
- Mouse acceleration can be considered as one of the essential utilities, but it can impact the sensitivity of your mouse while you indulge in game play. You should act smart and switch it off to not face any in-game issues by merely going through these steps.
- Select “Windows + Q” which will pop out a new Window.
- Now, type “Pointers” in the new Window.
- Select Change the mouse pointer display or speed option.
- And now deselect “enhance pointer precision” option.
From here you can change the sensitivity of your mouse from in-game settings without any external factors affecting it.
Manage your system update
No one wants to face a Windows dialogue saying “Windows are being updated” while you are about to win your RPG shooter game. It becomes quite annoying if your system starts to download updates while you are in-game, it not only weakens the internet connection but makes you vulnerable of losing the level or getting shot by the opponent due to downloading files.
What you can do is manage your update time or pause these for the duration of your gaming. To manage your update settings go through the given steps.
- Launch the Update & securities menu.
- Choose the option Windows Update.
- Now, select the “Active hours” option and insert the time frame of your gaming hours for which you don’t want the system to download any updates, or you can opt for “Advanced settings” option and select “Pause Updates” option to stop the system from updating at all.
Turn off the Visual Effects
Microsoft has taken an enormous leap forward in terms of their Windows 10 by inculcating various new features to improve in their user interactions, but still, some features can prove to be a significant battery draining source which you would want to avoid.
In the list of such features, we can choose to turn off Visual effects to increase battery backup and also get rid of from irregular frame rates while playing games. If you are looking forward in order to enhance your laptop efficiency, go through the steps below.
- Launch the “Advanced settings” Window.
- Select “View advanced system settings” option.
- Now select “Performance” option.
- Then you have to select “Visual effects” and choose the Custom option.
Deselect all the check-boxes which you feel appropriate according to your needs and hit “OK” to Turn Off all the features. Go through these steps to make your new gaming laptop much more convenient and accessible according to your needs.
James Thomas is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber-security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.
source:- Prepare your new Gaming Laptop
Created on Dec 24th 2018 10:07. Viewed 156 times.