How to Pin a Website to the Taskbar on Windows 10by karen minton I am a software engineer
Windows 10 provides various interesting features for its users. Microsoft is striving to provide all the comfort to its users by putting interesting and handy features in one go.
Now, Windows 1o allows its users to keep their favourite website just on their device’s desktop. This feature makes the user more reliable on those websites as they can easily access the features and tools of the particular website.
Adding a site to the Start menu or Taskbar makes the users unable to access with ease and quickly. This activity saves more time and frustration as most of the work is being done on web browsers. Users are able to save and pin any of their preferred web browsers. Be it Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Google Chrome, etc.
Follow the mentioned steps for adding your most preferred web site from any browser to your Task-Pane:
Adding via Google Chrome
- First and foremost, go to the website that you wish to pin.
- Hit the three-dotted icon located at the uppermost right-hand side section of the Google Chrome browser.
- Then, navigate to the “More Tools” option and hit the “Create Shortcut” tab there.
- Next, a prompt window will appear on your screen. You may modify the name of your shortcut.
- After that, hit the “Create” tab option. This action will generate a particular icon on your screen automatically.
Note: Google Chrome launches the web page as a usual function of Chrome. If you wish to check the option “Open as Window,” navigate to Chrome taskbar symbol when you tap on the particular shortcut.
- Now, go to the desktop and apply right-click on it.
- Next, hit either of the two options between “Pin to Taskbar” or “Pin to Start.” It can be used without the desktop shortcut.
For Mac Users
Mac works slightly differently while creating a website shortcut on your Mac desktop as the functions and features are something different to that of Windows. Abide by these points to know how to create a shortcut on Mac:
- You have to hit the “Save Page as” option instead of “Create a shortcut tool” as we do in Windows.
- Then, save the link to your Mac desktop.
- After a while, a shortcut will be created on your desktop screen with ease.
Creating Website Shortcut through Firefox
There is not any straightforward way in Mozilla Firefox to create a shortcut icon on your Taskbar as in Google Chrome. We have to undergo through some workarounds:
- First of all, Locate the “Firefox” in your Windows search function.
- Once the listing appears, hit the best- matched option and tap on the “Open File Location” option.
- Next, hit the Firefox shortcut and drag it to your desktop. You can also apply the copy-paste function to get the shortcut on your device.
- Then, apply right click on the option “New Shortcut” and then hit the “Properties” tab there.
- In the field “Target,” you have to add on “Url” and type the site that you wish to pin up to your Start menu. For example: “C: Program Files_Mozilla Firefoxfirefox. exe -URL https: // http://www.digitaltrends.com.”
- After that, hit the OK tab there.
- At last, apply right click on the shortcut and tap on the “Pin to Taskbar” option there.
Creating Website Shortcut Icon via MS Edge
This browser provides the most convenient way to pin a website or task to your Taskbar. Pursue these instructions for adding a shortcut icon to your desktop:
- In the beginning, launch your preferred site on the MS Edge browser.
- Hit the menu icon located just at the uppermost right-hand side edge of your screen.
- Now, scroll down your page until you get the option “Pin this page” to your Taskbar.
- Once you find the option, and then tap on it.
- After that, tap on the “More Tools” option and select the option “Pin this Page to Start.”
Creating Website Shortcut through MS Edge Chromium
Microsoft has recently launched a new Edge browser that works with the collaboration of Chrome features. It’s the combination of Google Chrome and MS Edge browser. This browser also allows the user to make a shortcut icon of their most preferred browser or website on the desktop. Read these instructions to know how to create the website shortcut on your device:
- First and foremost, launch the website that you wish to add to the Taskbar.
- Then, hit the menu tab situated at the upper right side edge.
- Now, tap on More Tools option there.
- Hit the option “Pin to Taskbar” and then provide the name of your website.
- At last, users need to hit the “Pin” tab.
KellieMinton arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup .
Created on Mar 2nd 2020 00:05. Viewed 127 times.