How To Manually Configure The Aol Mail Imap/ Smtp Settings?by Mike Metsan Web Approach
Now-a-days, the users prefer to create multiple accounts on different email clients for sending or receiving the emails for their personal and professional use. Thus, it becomes a difficult situation to manage all the accounts altogether, by opening them on their corresponding applications. To provide an ease AOL Support to the AOL Mail users, they may access their mails within the AOL email client or by adding the AOL mail account to other email clients. To do so, the users need to Manually Configure the AOL Mail IMAP/ SMTP Settings.
IMAP is the abbreviated form of Internet Message Access Protocol, refers to the email protocol for storing and retrieving the emails over a TCP/IP connection. The IMAP protocol allows the users to view, manipulate and organize the emails into folders in order to manage them properly. The IMAP protocol is supportive by all the modern email clients. The IMAP along with the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol used for sending the emails) are highly recommended by AOL due to its features like flexibility, security, safety and synchronization.
NOW, FOLLOW THE STEPWISE PROCEDURE DETAILED BELOW TO MANUALLY CONFIGURE THE AOL MAIL IMAP/ SMTP SETTINGS FOR ACCESSING THE AOL MAILS BY THE ASSISTANCE OF AOL SUPPORT USING THE THIRD PARTY EMAIL CLIENT:
- Launch the third party email client like Outlook and Gmail.
- Now, access the “Settings” icon (a gear icon) of the launched email client that is displayed under the username.
- A menu will appear on the screen and scroll it until the “Add Account” option is searched.
- Now, click the “Add account” option.
- The “Add Account” window will appear on the screen. Here, type the “Email Address” and the “Password” of the AOL mail account in the corresponding fields.
- And then, click the “Login” button.
- Now, again click the “Settings” icon.
- From the drop down menu, select the “settings” option.
- Here, go to the “Incoming or Outgoing Mail Server” panel and then, configure the incoming mail server setting options as detailed below:
- Incoming Account type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Incoming User Name: The name to be displayed to the recipients.
- Incoming Email Address: The email address of the users’ AOL Mail account such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming Password: The password of the users’ AOL Mail account
- Incoming Port Number: 993
- Similarly, configure the outgoing mail server setting options as detailed below:
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.aol.com
- Outgoing Email Address: The email address of the users’ AOL Mail account such as email@example.com
- Outgoing Password: The password of the users’ AOL Mail account
- Outgoing Port Number: 587
- At last, click the “Save changes” button for saving all the changes made in the settings.
Now the users may use the AOL Mail account for sending, retrieving and accessing the AOL mails by using the third party clients, easily.
If the users face any error or issue during the aforementioned steps to Manually Configure the AOL Mail IMAP/ SMTP Settings or while sending/ receiving the AOL mails via third party email then, they may call on the AOL toll-free number or contact to AOL Support to get an instant assistance for easily resolving them.
“Mike Metsan is a passionate writer with six years of experience in writing articles and blogs for for McAfee.com/Activate, AOL Support and Office.com/Setup. He has written hundreds of blogs on the latest technological updates, including the latest Microsoft products, errors associated with the antivirus and security software. While writing, his main motto is to deliver the accurate information to the readers.”
Created on Feb 16th 2018 04:27. Viewed 652 times.