How to Make a Channel Invisible on Discordby Hayate Abul Digital Marketing
Private channels are not visible to individuals who are not part of the groups on which you permit access. Hence, invisible channels will not even appear in the people’s channel list. Read on to find out how to make your channel invisible on Discord.
Here’s how to make a channel invisible on Discord
Set Up a role exclusive text channel on Discord
• Press on the name of the server given above the channel pull-down menu.
• Choose the Create Channel option by going to the menu list.
• Type a title for the role exclusive channel in the given section which is named as “Channel Name.”
• Find the “Private Channel” and after that, enable the switch.
• Under the private channel option, select the roles which will have access to the role exclusive channel by enabling the switch.
• After choosing all the roles for the Cool Kids Club, you need to press on the Create Channel option.
• Only those users have access to the role exclusive channel, which has a particular role.
• Those users who don’t have access to the role exclusive channel will not be able to view the channel their pull-down menu.
• Now you have made a channel invisible on Discord.
Set Up a role exclusive voice channel on Discord
The setting up procedure of a role exclusive voice channel is similar to text channel procedure. But the only difference in both of the procedures is that you will be choosing the radial for Voice Channel and not Text channel which is given in the Channel Type column.
Set Up a channel permission
• Press on the Cog symbol given near the new channel which you have created already.
• Choose the “Permissions” option by going to the left-hand column menu list.
• Here you will notice that everyone role has been rejected permissions from the read messages section.
• Only those have permission who have taken permission while setting up a channel.
• In case you wish to get a Text channel permissions or only voice channel permission only at once, will verify in case you get a “Read Messages” permission or the other permission like “Connect.”
Hide Muted Channels on Discord
Here are the steps are given below to mute the hidden channels in Discord:
• You need to press on the Bell symbol located in the upper right-hand side of the display in case you wish to mute a hidden channel.
• You will get this symbol to the left-hand side of the Pinned Messages symbol and also the Member List symbol.
You can also choose the additional method to mute the hidden channel by going to the notification settings of the server. Here’s how:
• Press on the name of the server over the channel drop-down menu and after that, choose it by going to the menu list located on display.
• Go down to the menu, and after that, press on the pull-down list given under the “Notification Overrides” option.
• Now, you need to start adding the channels which you wish to mute. All the channels will get added in a particular folder.
• Press on the checkbox given below “Mute” option located to the right-hand side of the display in case you wish to mute each channel.
• Press on the Done option at last.
Dave Hogan is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source : Channel Invisible on Discord
Created on May 28th 2019 03:15. Viewed 231 times.