How to Install tvOS 13.4 Beta Version 1 on Apple TV
by karen minton I am a software engineer
Apple solely releases the software and develop the operating system of the devices. Every device that Apple makes has its own operating system be it iPhone, iPad, and Mac or Apple TV device. The operating system of the iPhone or iPad is way different than Apple TV. Installing tvOS in Apple TV is different and much trickier than iPadOS or macOS. Apple has released a new tvOS 13 which is currently a beta version. It’s a developer thing, but a consumer can also use it by installing it because there is no restriction.
The current generation of Apple TV is the 4th Generation, and it is excessive complex than any of the other devices that you used. Beta versions are mostly for the developers because these beta versions released to check the OS and if there any further thing should be added then they contact with the server and respond. You cannot install beta version like other updates, and there is a process that you should follow. Here is how to install tvOS 13.4 beta version 1 on Apple TV:
Install tvOS beta version Wirelessly
For installing the tvOS beta version, you will require a Mac device, the latest edition of Xcode and Apple Configuration. With the help these things, you can easily install tvOS beta version Configuration Profile total wirelessly.
- Go on developer.apple.com/ in Mac device.
- Tap on “Discover”
- Tap one of the “tvOS.”
- Now you need to put your developer “Username” & “Password” for login
- You need to keep your profile save on the desktop. When the screen comes down then tap on the blue “Download” icon, which is “tvOS 13 beta” Configuration Profile.
- Install “Apple Configuration app” from Mac App Store.
- Now connect Apple TV (4th Generation) device with “AC power.”
- Connect both Mac and Apple TV 4K with the same wireless network.
- Run “Xcode” in your Mac. Remember that you are using the latest version.
- Tap on the “Window” in Menu Bar.
- Choose “Devices and Simulators.”
- Go to “Settings” on Apple TV.
- Choose “Remotes and Devices.”
- Choose “Remote app and Devices.”
- In the Xcode, choose “Apple TV” at the time it appears at the left column below discovered.
- Go on “Apple Configurator” on Mac device.
- Select “Apple TV” at the Apple Configurator.
- Now the final thing that you have to do is Drag “tvOS 13 Configuration Profile” from Desktop to Apple TV sign at Apple Configurator. After this process, Apple TV will automatically be configured for tvOS 13.
After all these steps your Apple TV will start detecting the new tvOS, you need to download and install it simply. You only need to download profile, Apple Configurator and then you need to drag profile into the Apple TV.
Install tvOS beta Restore the Image from USB-C for 4th Generation Apple TV
In 4th Generation Apple TV, you can install restore the image by using a USB-C cable. The process is straightforward, and the steps are following.
- Write developer.apple.com/ on the Mac device.
- Tap on ‘Discover.”
- Select “tvOS.”
- Write your developer “Username & Password” for logging in.
- Tap on “tvOS 13 restore image” for “Apple TV (4th Generation).”
- Select “Applications” at the above of the page.
- Tap on the blue “Download” sign to the side of “Xcode 10.”
- Install latest “Xcode 11” on the Mac.
- Connect the “AC power” to your Apple TV (4th Generation)
- Connect your “Mac” using “USB-C” cable and connect with Apple TV (4th Generation).
- Run the “iTunes.”
- Choose “Apple TV” when you see it in “iTunes.”
- Hold the “Option” key and tap on “Check for Updates.”
- Now the final step is to click on “tvOS 13” beta that you downloaded already.
After following all these steps, your Apple TV will be ready to go.
Created on Feb 10th 2020 00:44. Viewed 146 times.