How to Install macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Beta 1 on Mac
by karen minton I am a software engineer
MacOS Catalina will be introducing with the latest features which require testing before they will be a launch to the public. Apple is offering the early version of the macOS that drop to developers as they may check app against it then prepare it for Mac owners. If you want to download and install macOS Catalina 10.15.4 beta 1 to the mac, then this post might be useful for you. Read through the blog and follow the instructions to execute it.
What’s Different in Catalina Beta of MacOS
Apple has introduced the Catalina 10.15.4 beta 1 of macOS. If you were waiting for the new version and excited to use with macOS, and then you can download it.
How to Make the Archived Backup of Mac Using Time Machine
Before you start, ensure that you have backup the Mac. A download or installing procedure is straightforward, however, if you make any change to the PC, then you may risk issues. When it’s about protecting the data, it is better to be secure. If you backed up everything last night still ensure that the Mac is up to date.
If you want to make the archived backup of Mac using Time Machine, then abide by the given steps:
- Connect to the Time Capsule using USB, external hard disk, FireWire, or the Thunderbolt wire.
- Tap on the Apple tab at the upper left of a screen.
- Click the System Preferences option at dropdown section.
- Choose the Time Machine option in System Preferences tab.
- Switch on the Time Machine button.
- Press the Select Backup Disk option and then click on the disk that you want to utilize.
Time Machine is going to set-up hard drive used for the backups then begin in 2 mins.
How to Download Catalina Developer Beta of MacOS
Downloading and installing the new beta on Mac is straightforward as navigating to the developer portal of Apple.
If you want to download Catalina developer beta of macOS, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Navigate to developer.apple.com on Mac.
- Tap on Discover window.
- Press the macOS button.
- Select the Download option.
- Sign in with account if prompted on screen.
- Scroll down and then tap on Install Profile option for Catalina 10.15.4 of macOS. And the file will be download automatically to the Mac.
- Launch the Downloads tab and then choose the Developer Beta Access Utility of macOS Catalina option.
- Tap twice on the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg option to run installer.
As the installer completes downloading, System Preferences is going to check for the update to macOS automatically. Tap on Update option to download or install the developer beta. As the software completes downloading, then the installing procedure will start as usual. If the new developer beta does not display on an Updates list, start the Mac again. Launch the App store of Mac and then tap on the Update option.
How to Install Catalina Developer Beta
As the macOS Catalina completes downloading, you will be asked to install software automatically.
If you like to install Catalina developer beta, then pursue the given instructions:
- Tap on Continue.
- Agree to the Agreement of Apple.
- Select the Install option.
- Follow the steps to install the Catalina.
Then the Mac will boot again to install the beta. The black display, including the Apple logo and the progress bar, will be visible to you. Wait till complete software installation.
How to Install Catalina Beta on Partition
In case you need to install Catalina beta on a partition, then you need to follow the offered steps:
- Make the partition on Mac if you have not done that before.
- Click on Continue as a download is completed then prepare to install.
- Consent to terms and conditions.
- Tap on Agree to confirm the consent.
- Choose the Show entire Disks option to change from the major partition.
- Press partition that you like to install software on.
- Hit the Install option.
The installing helper will let you to move from the recent operating system or can select to perform the clean installation to start Mac from scratch.
How to Get Started With Catalina Beta
As the Mac reboots, you will then customize with the macOS Catalina. You need to follow several instructions to get started.
Follow the offered steps in order to start with Catalina beta:
- Tap on Continue.
- Log in with the Apple password and ID. Then iCloud is going to sync the desktop and other folders together.
- Hit the Get Started option.
You will then be directed to screen from where you may begin exploring all new features available.
Created on Feb 10th 2020 01:43. Viewed 258 times.