How to Import Data from OST File to Outlook?by Ritu Roy Digital Marketer
Are you want to know how to import data from OST file to Outlook? If yes, then no worries, the segment has provided multiple techniques i.e. manual method and third party OST Converter software. However, before starting the solution, it is important to understand the main reasons that are responsible to import data from OST file to PST.
Why to Convert Emails from Outlook OST to PST?
There are many reasons available due to which users export Outlook.ost file to PST format. Some of them are mentioned below:
Unexpected Crash or Exchange Server Failure
Microsoft Exchange Server is susceptible to sudden crash, virus attack, system failure, etc. When a MS Exchange Server crashes due to any reason, then one cannot connect to Exchange Server again. In this situation can hamper work in business, as they are very troublesome to manage. This can reason an error in the Outlook profile. Therefore, the migration of OST to PST can help resolve such circumstances.
Accidental deletion of Exchange Server Account
When accidentally deleted account of Exchange Server and all your data is lost. To avoid this, you can take a backup of the OST file in PST format.
Maintenance of Microsoft Exchange Server
While the downtime of the Microsoft Exchange Server, it becomes hard to retrieve corrupted/lost mailbox items. It is better to take a backup of OST data file to PST beforehand to avoid this issue.
Thus, if you are using the server for business purposes, make sure to take a complete backup of saved items frequently to avoid misshapen. Now, let us explain multiple techniques for converting emails from OST to PST format.
There are few methods available to understand how to import data from OST file to Outlook. We have explained all possible methods for the process, you can select the suitable one and perform the task without any error.
Manual Approaches to Import Data from OST File to PST
Using Import/Export Tool
Through these steps, you can export OST file to PST. This can be performed by saving data in Excel and CSV format.
- Run MS Outlook email program
- Then, click on File and select the “Import & Export” option from the options available.
- Hit on PST (Personal File Folder) and press the Next to continue.
- Navigate to parent root and choose the checkboxes of include subfolders.
- Now, browse and select the target folder.
- At last, click on the Finish button.
Using Drag and Drop Method
In these steps, simply make a new PST folder, and by dragging and dropping process, one can transfer all items into the newly created folder.
- Open MS Outlook in the system
- Create a new PST folder in the profile
- Then easily drag all the desired folders and drop them into new created PST file
Using Archive Method
- Open MS Outlook and go to File >> Select Archive
- Select File/Folder to archive
- Select the destination location to save the file in PST format
- Hit on the Finish button.
Through these methods, you can export data from OST to PST. Some of the limitations are as mentioned:
- Needs the same account as MS Exchange Server.
- The damaged OST file is not supported for migration.
- Takes a lot of time, as steps are difficult to perform.
- Not workable for non-technical users.
- Unable to keep the structure of transferred data.
- Data loss chances.
Manual techniques are free to perform but restricted by heaps of disadvantages. Therefore, experts designed the OST Converter application.
Best Trustworthy Utility to Convert OST to PST without Outlook
OST Export aka OST to PST Converter software is an expert and cost-effective trustworthy utility to batch import data from OST file to PST with emails, contacts, calendar, and other items. The software provides an easy and trouble-free interface so that all non-technical and technical users can use the working steps and precisely convert Outlook OST file to PST. OST to PST software also gives multiple sun-options that can be applied accordingly to get the desired outcome. Follow the steps and check how to import data from the OST file to Outlook:
- Step 1. Download, install and Open OST to PST Software on Windows Machine
- Step 2. Choose the Select File/Folder option and upload OST files by clicking on Add Files, Add Folder and Local Outlook Profiles.
- Step 3. Application start scanning OST files and listing entire items with checkboxes as hierarchical structure on left side of the software screen. Now, you can select or deselect the checkbox of required folder that you need to export.
- Step 4. Now, click on Saving Option button and select Export to Outlook PST option from the list showing.
- Step 5. Browse the destination path to save the resultant files.
- Step 6. Now, press the Convert button to start the process. After completing the process, the software show a message “Conversion Completed Successfully”. Then hit on the Ok button to complete the process.
Created on Jan 18th 2021 03:06. Viewed 228 times.