How to Fix Xbox One Headset Mic Not Working on Windows Device
by Harry Williams Manager
Isn’t it so annoying when your Xbox One headset Mic is not working on your PC, and all you’re willing is to communicate with the mate you are playing or completing the team-based game task? If yes, then read ahead. This article will help you.
The Microsoft Xbox One is one of the most remarkable and impressive video game consoles out there, above all the X model. Since the year 2013, many thousands and millions have been sold. Hence, we can say that the device has become quite popular among console gamer.
Many of the gamers tend to use a headset for a more personal experience while playing video games on the Xbox One. Depending on the category of the game, players are likely to feel the need of communicating with others using a Mic, but what if the Mic doesn’t work correctly? We know it’s irritating.
Ways to Fix Xbox One Headset Mic not Working on Windows Device
One of the most recent issues we have heard about is headsets Mic not working when playing on the Microsoft. No one ever wants this to occur, and it’s even a significant problem when playing video games such like PUBG. Follow the given below instructions to resolve Xbox One headset Mic not working issue on your computer:
Note: Before you go ahead, make sure that the battery of unit is fully charged. However, the Mic is not muted and the connections firmly in place.
Make Sure If Your Headset’s Mic Is Clean
- There are issues that tend to cause Mic problems, but the dust may be one of the most major ones.
- For wiping the headset’s Mic, you first need to blow into the Mic in a bid to remove dust. If there are solid dirt particles, then you should use a piece of cloth dipped in alcohol to clean the area gently. Also, you have to make sure the headset plug on the controller is dirt free.
Restart Xbox One console
- Maybe this issue can have nothing related to the headset, but possibly something as software based. In this matter, you first have to restart the Xbox One. After that, move along to check if your Mic works as it should.
- For turning off your Xbox One, you need to press and hold the Xbox button. This button is present on your Xbox One.
- And a move will now turn off the controller.
- Here, you will just need to press the Xbox button on the console itself in order to turn it off.
- Thus, the purpose is to leave the Xbox One in its off state for approximately five minutes.
- And then turn it on again.
- After your Xbox is on, you need to check thoroughly to see if your Mic works.
Test the Headset
- To test the headset, you first need to sign into your Xbox or Microsoft account.
- And then fire up the Skype app.
Note: Skype app should come as default on your Xbox One, but if it’s not there, you should go to the Store and make sure to download it.
- After that, you’ll need to select People.
- Then tap on the Skype Test Call contact.
- Then select the Voice call option.
- From here, your Skype will attempt to connect a call.
- Now Skype will request you to speak into the Mic and repeat what was heard over the call. If the system is able to listen to your voice, then your Mic is working just fine.
Make Changes to the Energy Saver
- Open the Settings app on your Xbox One.
- Tap on the Power and Startup option.
- Here you will find Power options.
- Select the Power mode from Power options.
- Now, you can use the A key on your Xbox One controller to toggle off Energy Saving.
- You then have to tap on the Save button, and then exit the application.
- To save measures, you should restart the Xbox One again.
- After that, you have to make another attempt to see if your Mic is working properly yet again.
is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup
Created on Oct 1st 2018 14:19. Viewed 212 times.