How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15106 (Payroll Error)?by Devin Smith Technical Support Expert
QuickBooks error 15106 is very commonly
encountered issue when the user is unable to update payroll. The error message
that comes along with the error indicates that the update program has been
damaged. It comes with an error message stating “The update program damaged
or the update program cannot be opened”. There can be a handful of causes
behind the occurrence of such an error, which we will be discussing later in
this post, along with the solutions to the same.
Moreover, if you need any sort of technical assistance to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 15106, then in that case you can contact our professionals at 1-844-405-0906. Our team will ensure to provide the best possible support services immediately.
Main causes of the QuickBooks error 15106
The user might get into the QuickBooks update error 15106 due to two main reasons, namely:
· The Spy sweeper is present in the Webroot antivirus software
· Or the user might not have logged in with the admin credentials. This will restrict the ability to read and write new files
Steps to Fix Payroll Update Error 15106 When Updating QuickBooks
The user can get rid of QuickBooks error 15106, due to the following factors:
· If the user hasn’t logged in as admin, then he/she needs to login as admin immediately
· In case of spy sweeper, the user needs to open the task manager by pressing Ctrl + shift + esc. And then click on processes tab and also spot the spy sweeper.exe
o In case it is in the processing tab, then delete or uninstall it by opening Add/remove programs in the windows
o If the user is unable to find the spy sweeper, then open c drive and move to the C:\program files\common files\intuit\QuickBooksxx\components. After that, the user needs to reset QuickBooks update after renaming the download to old.
· If the issue doesn’t get resolves, then turn off UAC temporarily depending upon the windows used by the user
· Or go for selective startup, and carry out QuickBooks clean install
Towards the end of the post, we hope that the QuickBooks payroll error code 15106 might not be troubling you anymore.
But if the issue persists for some reason, then make sure to consult a team of professionals, who would help you in getting rid of the issue with much ease. Give us a call at 1-844-405-0906, and our QuickBooks desktop pro supportteam will be there to assist you in a single call.
Created on Sep 19th 2020 02:59. Viewed 190 times.