How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106?by Devin Smith Technical Support Expert
QuickBooks update error 15106 is basically a payroll update error that indicates that something is stopping the software from. This error is seen with a set of warning messages that states as
“Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened”
“Error 15106: The update program is damaged”.
This error can be a result of any program or something hindering the update process. To know more about theand its fixation steps, make sure to read this post till the end. Or connect with our support team using our number i.e. 1-844-405-0906, and we will provide you with the best possible support services.
What leads to QuickBooks payroll update error 15106?
The user might end up in such an error, due to the following factors:
· The first cause can be if the antivirus application installed in the system is blocking the update
· Or if the user is not logged in as admin in the system, as the ability to read and write new files gets restricted without admin credentials, it could end up in this annoying error
· In case the spy sweeper is present in the webroot antivirus software and it takes QB update program as a malware activity, this would lead to error 15106
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error 15106 (The program is damaged)
The user can try resolving the QuickBooks error code 15106 by using thein selective startup mode. The steps involved in here are as follows:
· The user needs to
· And then, keep a copy of the QuickBooks product and license info
· After that, the user should start the system in selective startup mode, in order to ensure that no other application is hindering in completing the task
· The user is then required to uninstall or
· The last step is to switch back to the normal startup mode.
Hopefully, the above-stated steps might be enough to get rid
of the QuickBooks payroll update error 15106. Whereas, if you are unable
to deal with the issue for some reason, then, in that case, reach out to our
Created on Mar 24th 2021 01:21. Viewed 108 times.