HOW TO FIX QUICKBOOKS ERROR CODE 6000?by Alexa Thomson I am an accountancy expert who has worked with
QuickBooks is the accounting software which is developed by the Intuit. It has changed the way of business accounting in the recent industry. Usually, used by small and medium businesses across the globe. QuickBooks includes different versions such as Accountant, Enterprise, Pro, and Premier.
QuickBooks rarely throws error code as it is the amazing software for businesses and it has multiples of names which appeared on the screen after the error code 6000. Because of this Intuit has offered a utility tool known as QuickBooks File Doctor to revamp all files and fix all the errors but somehow the utility is normal and cannot help in fixing all the errors. However, all of these similar error codes have some common aspects, in general, occurs when the users try to open a company file by using the tool.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000
There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of this error code; some of them are discussed below:
· Installation of QuickBooks is incomplete.
· Due to a damaged company file.
· Hosting of QuickBooks has been enabled on both the servers.
· Users access the company files without having the correct permission.
· Servers don’t have the permission to access any company file.
· Security software on the server is blocking access to the file.
Let’s discuss how to fix QuickBooks error code 6000 without wasting time.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Fix-1: Change the Name .ND and.TLG Files
The .ND and.TLG Files might be an unknown name for you, but these are the part of the QuickBooks software. They always include the configuration and settings which is required to open the file in a multiuser atmosphere.
Whenever these files get corrupted, QuickBooks immediately throws an error code 6000 on the screen. To fix this error rename these files, here how to do it:
1. Go to the company file folder.
2. Search for the file name that contains the same company file name but with the .ND and.TLG extensions like as:
Company _file .qbw .tlg
4. Then, right-press on each above-given file and choose ‘Rename’.
5. Now, at the conclusion of each file name add the word ‘OLD’.
6. After that, launch the QuickBooks and sign in to the company file by providing sign-in credentials.
If the error persists, follow the next method.
Fix-2: Copy QuickBooks File on the Desktop
1. Navigate to a company file folder.
2. Look for the files that have same company files name but with the.QBW extension.
3. Now, right-press on the file and choose ‘Copy’ tab.
4. Go to the desktop, right-press and select ‘Paste’ option.
5. Long press the Ctrl key while launching the QuickBooks to redirect to the ‘No Company Open’ screen.
6. Select the restore or open existing company option.
7. Then, search the file that you have already copied to the Desktop.
8. Choose that file and check that error still occurs with the company file name.
source By : QuickBooks Support
Created on Jan 24th 2019 03:17. Viewed 759 times.