How to Fix Norton Identity Safe Login Issues?by Harry Williams Manager
Many Norton users have complained that they are prompt to enter their credentials again and again. Depending on your scenario, you may choose one of the following solutions if repeatedly prompted to provide your credentials.
Solution #1: Restart your computer
- Close all the programs.
- Restart the computer.
- Go to Step 2, if the problem persists.
Solution #2: Sign out and then sign in to Norton Identity Safe
- Start your Norton Setup product.
- On the main screen, head to the top-right corner and click on your user name there.
- If you have signed in with your Norton account credentials, then only the user name will be displayed.
- Now click OK in the Sign out dialog box.
- In the Norton product main window, click Identity Safe on the Identity tab.
- Click Sign in Get started window.
- Now type in your Norton account credentials in the Sign In window and click on Sign In button.
- Now type your Norton Identity Safe vault password in the Vault Closed window and click Open.
What to do if an incorrect password error is displayed while signing in?
You need to first sign in to your Norton account to access your online vault, and then log on to your Identity Safe vault. When you see an incorrect password error, you need to know if it is the Identity Safe password or the Norton account password that is causing the error. To deal with this error, here are the steps you need to follow:
Step#1: From the Norton Identity Safe Toolbar, Sign in to your Norton.com/Setup Account
- If the Norton Identity Safe toolbar displays Vault is Closed in your web browser, click Vault is Closed.
- Next type in your email address and click Next button.
- Then click Sign In after typing in your Norton account password. If you do not know your Norton account password, recover your lost password by clicking on the option Forgot Password and following on-screen instructions.
- You will be prompted for your Identity Safe Vault password after successfully logging on to your Norton account.
Step # 2: Sign in to your Norton Identity Safe Vault
- To Sign In to your Norton Identity Safe Vault, enter your Identity Safe vault password. If in case you don’t remember your vault password, click Show password hint.
- If the password hint does not help you in the case of forgotten the vault password, you have to delete the Identity Safe online vault.
- For security reasons, you cannot reset or retrieve the vault password if you have forgotten your Identity Safe vault password. And when you will delete the online vault, all your stored data will be lost. But, if you have backed up or exported your vault, you can import this data in to your new vault.
- Type in a wrong password thrice and then selecting click here for deleting your Identity Safe vault.
- Click Yes on Delete My Vault.
- Now type in your Norton account password, and then click Delete My Vault.
- Now to permanently delete the vault, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
Created on Mar 20th 2018 04:12. Viewed 463 times.