How to Fix Microsoft OneDrive Sync Issues on Windows 10by Ryan Smith Online Blogger
Microsoft OneDrive has been part of Windows for a while now, and it works very well most of the time. However, some people have problems with it. Often, people are unable to sync files on OneDrive. If you have a Windows 10 computer and are facing the same issue, then do not worry. Just apply the fixes given below:
Troubleshoot syncing issues by restarting the OneDrive application
If you are facing syncing trouble with the files or folders, you can try to fix it by restarting your OneDrive app because sometimes it is caused due to network/ data problem.
Follow these simple steps to restart OneDrive client on your Windows-10 :
- Tap on the OneDrive button located at the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now hit on the “More” options.
- Tap on the “Close OneDrive” option.
In case you have a Business application of OneDrive, you will be required to repeat points 1,2 & 3 to proceed.
4. Now tap on the “Start” button.
5. Look for “OneDrive” and then tap the uppermost result to begin your sync client.
When you finish these points, the system should begin to sync all of your data once more.
Troubleshoot sync issues on OneDrive by linking MS account
In case the cloud isn’t responding, or files aren’t linking to the cloud. It might be possible that it’s an account related issue. Follow these steps to fix the syncing issue with your cloud:
Resuming the OneDrive account
If you are working on a computer which got configured previously to install and upload data, files, and folders from OneDrive, then unlink and link the account.
- Tap on the OneDrive symbol button at the lowermost right edge.
- Then hit on “More” button.
- Press on the “Settings” option.
- Now hit on the “Account” button.
- Tap on the “Unclick this PC” tab.
- Now tap on the “Unlink account” tab.
- Here enter your specified email address.
- Now press the particular Sign in button.
- Then provide the password associated with your account.
- Tap on the “Sign In’ option.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- Follow the directions given on the screen.
When the steps complete, your data or files will begin to sync again in a normal way.
Adding OneDrive account
In case your OneDrive doesn’t connect to Windows-10, the files will not sync to your account. Try adding your account by following these steps:
- Tap on “OneDrive button” at the lower-right edge.
- Tap on the “More” button.
- Press on the “Settings” tab.
- Now hit on the “Account” tab.
- Here tap on the “Add an account” option.
- Enter your email address linked to your OneDrive account
- Now tap on the “Sign in” option.
- Provide the passcode to proceed further.
- Hit on the “Sign in” option.
- Now tap on the “Next” tab for further action.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
When you finish all the steps, the app will verify OneDrive account, and then your folders/files will begin to sync automatically.
Created on Oct 10th 2019 00:49. Viewed 234 times.