How to Fix HP Printer Won't Scan Windows 10?
by Bella Thomas Verified Toll-free
Top Ways to Troubleshoot HP Printer
HP is an
excellent printer brand for Windows 10. HP also manufactures multifunction
printers which can scan documents as well. However, sometimes, it stops working
normally. Often, users face this issue after updating their computer. If you
are facing the same issue, then do not worry. Just read on.
Best ways to troubleshoot
HP printer that stop scanning
Reset your printer
- Firstly, switch off the printer, unplug
- After that, plug in the printer and
switch it on after 20 minutes.
Install the HP printer software
After completing the upgrade, prefer installing HP printer software to
- Firstly, right-click on the Start option.
- Then, press on Run.
- Next, put 'appwiz.cpl' on the given bar.
- After that, press on OK.
- Then, choose the HP printer software
present on the Programs and Features Control Panel applet.
- Next, choose Uninstall.
- Press on Yes for offering further
- After that, restart the Windows 10 as
soon as the un-installation of the HP printer software gets over.
- Then, you need to delete the printer from Printers and
scanners option in the 'Settings.' For doing it, go to Cortana after pressing
the combination Windows key+ Q keyboard shortcut.
- Next, write 'printers' in the search bar.
- Then, press Printers and scanners for
visiting the Window.
- After that, choose the printer, and press
its Remove device option. Remember that the printer needs to be turned on
whenever you choose that option.
- Next, follow the instructions for
removing the printer.
- Then, visit the HP support page.
- After that, press on Printer for opening
a search bar.
- Next, click on the Submit option.
- Press on Change to choose a 64 or else 32-bit
Windows model on the pull-down menu.
- Next, click on the Change option.
- Press on Download for downloading the
'driver and software package.'
- Then, go to the place wherever that
driver and software package has been downloaded to.
- After that, click on the
downloaded and software package for installing it.
Resetting HP Printer and Scanner to the
factory default setting
- Most of the times, users choose a 'Reset
Factory Defaults' option in the 'Setup' or else 'Tools' menus. It shall be
found on the control panel of the printer.
a look at the printer's manual for knowing the way of resetting it to the
Bella Williams, an
employee currently living in USA and working at a top printer service provider
company in the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about
writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news and other articles on
varied topics like hp
printer support, Xerox Printer Support, Lexmark Printer Support etc.
Created on Aug 29th 2019 01:30. Viewed 259 times.