How to Fix Black Screen Error in YouTube
by karen minton I am a software engineer
YouTube is one of the most-used video-streaming platforms in the current day and age, and reasonably so. The platform has provided some sensational artists to the world and its community continues to amaze us. You do not need any advertisers or any promotion to get big on YouTube as long as you have a talent and you know your audience.
The platform is ideal for struggling or upcoming artists no matter what they perform. Even though the platform has numerous pros, it has several cons as well. One of these cons is the black screen error. In case you are one of those who are facing the error, then do not falter as we will help you out. Read through the blog and get the issue fixed easily.
Refresh the YouTube Video
Sometimes problems occur when bits of data may not show correctly or bug that leads to not playing the content correctly. Refreshing the page can resolve such issues.
If you want to refresh the YouTube video, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Go to the URL option and tap Enter or hit the Refresh option.
- If this issue does not resolve, then you can also refresh the browser and start again.
Remove Cache Clogs in Web Browser
Browser cache is the feature that lets the content load faster. This is convenient, but sometimes it also piles over and takes a lot of space. It can also prevent users from loading the videos properly. Go through the offered instructions to remove cache clogs in a web browser:
- Go to Menu, then click More Tools.
- Choose Clear browsing data.
- Tap on Clear data by selecting the boxes.
The steps used in ever web browser is the same, be it Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer or any other browser.
Sign in or out from Google or YouTube Account
If the user has a YouTube account, then they can check whether they are logged in or out. If you are logged in, then try to search any video, if it plays usually and no black screen is visible, then you can watch your videos as usual, and the reason must be the internal YouTube bug.
Remove or Disable Extension
In case you intend to remove or disable the extension, go through the steps:
- Tap on ad blocking app and hit Pause on all sites or Pause on this site.
- Reload the video to check whether the black screen error on YouTube returns back or not.
- If the problem remains, then the user should use another ad-blocker.
- The users can also try disabling other apps running in the background and remove the unsafe ones.
Remove the extension:
If you want to remove the extension, then abide by the given steps:
- Click Remove from Chrome by tapping right-click on the unwanted extension.
Disabling the Hardware Acceleration
Follow the provided steps to disable the hardware acceleration:
- Go to Menu on Chrome and tap Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Go to the System option by scrolling down.
- Turn on the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
Steps for Mozilla Firefox
Follow the provided instructions to remove the extension in Mozilla Firefox:
- Tap Firefox and open Menu.
- Click options.
- Go to Performance in General Option.
- Deselect the “Use recommended performance settings” option.
- Deselect the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option.
Check the Internet Speed
The Black Screen error can be caused due to an unstable internet connection, so it is advised to check your internet connection. Several free services are available online for you to avail and the best one being speedtest.net.
Try Different Browser
The browser you are using could be at fault as well or it may not be compatible with YouTube.
- Download another browser.
- Then install it on PC.
If it fixes the problem, then the user must contact the tech support of the web browser.
Source :- https://norton-comsetup.uk.com/how-to-fix-black-screen-error-in-youtube/
Daisy Martin is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at norton.com/setup and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Nov 26th 2019 01:44. Viewed 309 times.