How To Enhance UI/UX Design Of Your Next Mobile App?by Chris E. Business Brand Executive
Recent years have seen an immense rise in the number of smartphone users and thus there is a considerable increase in the number mobile apps too. In order to make a successful mobile app, it is essential for you to provide users with an excellent experience. The users should be able to interact with your app in a hassle-free manner.
The UI/UX design of your mobile app should be developed by considering the specific requirements of the end users. The users will get satisfied only when your app is capable to meet their unique needs. The ultimate goal of UI/UX design is to please the users and encouraging them to visit the app again. In order to achieve this objective you can develop an effective UI/UX design for your mobile app by following the below mentioned tips.
1. Create A Unique Icon For Your Mobile App: A unique app icon is necessary if you want to establish your brand. People can relate to these unique icons which will encourage them to explore your mobile app further. Don't use long texts in your icon. Ensure that your app icon is in compliance with your brand's colors and styles. The goal is to make a positive bond between your brand’s message and its icons so that people recognize it instantly. An out of the box app icon will attract the users and they will be interested to explore your app further.
2. Work Out On Interaction Design: Interaction design determines how the users will interact with your mobile app. There should be no need of complex demos or lengthy tutorials in order to make users understand how to use your app. Your app should have a simple interaction design. Three elements of interaction design, which you can use to enhance the UI/UX of your mobile app are:
· Goal-Driven Design: Users will reject your app if it is not able to meet their specific needs. This makes you to deeply research about the needs of your users. If you want to attract and retain customers, then you should make the interactive design of your mobile app flexible. You should create customized workflows for different use cases.
· Usability Testing: You should let users interact with your app when it is under construction. Carefully observe all the breakpoints and formulate possible solutions for them. This will allow you to give a right direction to your mobile app even before it hits the market.
· Provide Timely Feedback: You should provide feedback to new users who are unfamiliar with your mobile app’s functioning. Insert prompts, sounds or visual cues in order to guide your users about the next step.
3. Use Your Visual Elements Wisely: If you want to develop a holistic user experience, then you have to choose visual elements like colors and fonts for your mobile app very cleverly:
· Keep your typography in such a way that it is easily readable. Don't use too small or too large fonts. Bizarre fonts can distract users and micro fonts can hamper the readability.
· Think deeply and choose colors smartly to enhance the visuals of your app. Appropriate colors should be incorporated to show screen transitions. For example, if you will highlight a button it will prompt the user to perform an action.
· Use representative icons in the place of text because it will help users across the globe to use your mobile app. For example, you can use the symbol of heart to signify favorites.
· Give your mobile app a contemporary look by choosing the most popular app design. As app design trends change frequently you can give your app a flat, minimalistic or material design as per your wish.
4. Focus On Making Your Mobile App More Responsive:
· While developing an app you should stick to the UI/UX guidelines established for mobile apps. Playstores will examine whether your app is in compliance with these standards before publishing it.
· Your app must have a finger-friendly design and should run flawlessly in different screens and devices. The user experience should remain intact when people switch between mobiles, tablets and laptops.
· Use only those interface elements and screen controls which are relevant to the platform for which you are creating the app. Use images in appropriate formats to suit the platform on which your app will run. For example, stretchable images are compatible with the Android app design.
5. Eliminate Unwanted Elements: Don't overburden your mobile app with unnecessary elements. Only keep relevant and required components:
· Don't use long technical terms, but add relevant content in your app which is easy for the users to understand.
· Don't over-complicate your app with complex navigation and tricky layout. Keep it easy and simple.
· Don't add too many textual cues, but insert picture icons because they make your app attractive and occupy less space.
· Don't try to include several features in one single mobile app. It will make your app messy and crowded. Add only relevant ones.
Developing a mobile app with a great UI/UX design is a daunting task. So if you are also planning to build a new mobile app, then hire UX design Agency and discuss the above elements with them. Try to follow the above tips and plan the UI/UX design of your mobile app accordingly. Top Mobile App Development Companies in Silicon Valley is an ideal UI/UX design firm who are a boon for your business.
Created on Apr 18th 2018 02:18. Viewed 481 times.