The Restart with Window feature has been introduced by Mozilla Firefox browser. This feature is going to make the browser start the Windows computer boots automatically. If the Firefox browser is left open when Windows shuts down, then Firefox may automatically open again with your recently opened tabs the next you start Windows.
Firefox Starts Automatically
- If your Firefox browser automatically begins when turning on your Windows computer, then this article is going to help you know how you can disable Restart with Windows feature in Firefox browser on Windows 7/8/10.
- Firstly you need to launch Firefox browser and check whether it’s already opened or not.
- After that, you need to open a new tab and type “about:config” in the text bar and press Enter.
Note: if a screen prompts with a warning message, tap on the “I Accept the Risk” option. After that, you may proceed ahead.
Disable Restart with Windows Feature in Firefox
- Type ‘Restart’ in the Search filter box located above. Doing so will display the “toolkit.winRegisterApplicationRestart” preference in the window.
- Here, you need to check for the preference value. Verify it if it’s set to true. This indicates that the feature is activated and enabled.
- If you want to disable it permanently, you will need to change this value to ‘false.’ The feature will ultimately be disabled when the value is changed.
- For most of the users, the ‘Restart with Windows’ feature comes disabled by default. On the other hand, in upcoming weeks, Mozilla is likely to have this feature enabled as the default configuration.
- The latest versions of Mozilla Firefox web browser are before now being featured with this new feature called Restart with Windows – and so this article might come in handy if you are interested in turning off this feature.
- If this is not helpful to you, you will then want to check up whether it has been added to the Startup folder or not.
- And then, you may have to turn off this startup program using Task Manager > Startup tab.
Thank you for reading this article; I hope this information is going to be helpful to you.
Harry Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source: Help McAfee
Created on Sep 26th 2018 13:02. Viewed 279 times.