How to disable or hide the Notification bar in Android
by Harry Williams Manager
If you’re giving your Android device to someone such as employees or want to employ it as a kiosk in a Store, then using it with no lockdown might be good. In some Android phone or tablets, you can disable the notification bar via System UI Tuner and in some by using a third-party application. Here are some ways to hide the notification bar in Android device.
How to hide or disable the notification bar using System UI Tuner
With the System UI Tuner, you can hide the notification bar directly from the Android phone, without using any third-party application. Some Android versions have a hidden feature in stock Android, like the Android version in Google Nexus or Pixel. Here is how to access this hidden feature in your Android device and hide the notification bar.
1. Swipe down the Notification bar.
2. Again pull-down Notification drawer to access quick settings tiles.
3. Now, hold down the ‘Settings’ icon at the top-right side of the notification drawer.
4. Keep holding the icon for some seconds it will spin, and a wrench icon will come out next to it.
The wrench icon indicates that the System UI tuner is enabled. If it doesn’t come up in your device that means your Android version doesn’t support System UI Tuner.
5. Now, tap on ‘Settings’ icon.
6. Tap on ‘System UI Tuner’ at the bottom of the settings menu.
7. Tap on ‘GOT IT’ option, if you’re using the System UI Tuner for the first time.
8. Tap ‘Status bar’.
9. Disabled the options to remove.
If you want to set the options again, open ‘System UI Tuner’ in settings and enable the options of your choice.
How to hide or disable the notification bar using Third-Party apps
With GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode:
GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode is a free app available on Google Play Store; install it in your Android phone.
• Type ‘GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode’ in the Play Store’s search bar.
• Select it from the searches.
• Tap ‘Install.’
• Tap ‘Accept.’
• Wait for it to download and install.
Steps to hide the notification bar:
1. Open ‘GMD Immersive’ app.
2. Turn the toggle switch on given at the top.
3. You’ll see three rectangle boxes at the left side of the switch.
4. Tap the first box from the left side.
That’s it! This will hide the notification bar from your Android phone or tablet. If your Android device has navigation icons, then it will also hide them. You can also tap another box for a different setting.
SureLock is also a third party app used to disable the features of a device. With SureLock you can disable the notification bar of Android device.
1. Download and install the ‘SureLock’ app.
2. Open ‘SureLock’.
3. Tap the ‘Home Screen’ 5 times quickly (within 3 seconds).
4. You’ll see password prompt on the screen.
5. Enter ‘0000’ default password of SureLock.
6. After login, you’ll see SureLock Admin Settings.
7. Tap on ‘SureLock Settings’.
8. Tap ‘Disable Status Bar’.
9. Tap ‘Done.’
That’s it! The notification bar of your Android device is disabled now, it will appear on the screen, but you can’t open it or access its options.
Nelson King is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Apr 18th 2019 11:03. Viewed 196 times.