How to Disable a Wireless Router Firewall
by karen minton I am a software engineer
As wireless routers has just one IP address and the wireless clients can not be connected to it directly via the NAT process, one can call the wireless router a firewall. Let’s explore the process of disabling the wireless router firewall.
How to Find the Router’s IP Address on Windows PC?
• Launch the Start menu.
• Enter cmd into the Start menu.
• You have to right-click on the Command Prompt option.
• Press on the Run as administrator option.
• Tap on the Yes button.
• Enter ipconfig / all into the Command Prompt window.
• Click on the Enter button.
• Find the “Default Gateway” IP address. It is located below the “Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi” title. You will get the IP address to the right-hand side of the screen.
• The IP address looks like 22.214.171.124.
• Now, you have to type the IP address of the Wi-Fi router.
How to Find the Router’s IP Address on Mac?
• Press on the Apple symbol. It is located in the upper left-hand side of the Mac display. After clicking on this symbol, it will open the Apple menu window.
• Press on the System Preferences option. You will get this option near the upper side of the pull-down Apple menu.
• Press on the Network button. It resembles a violet, round shape symbol given in the third column.
• Press on the Advanced button. You will get this near the end right-hand column of the screen.
• Tap on the TCP/IP option. It is located at the upper side of the Advanced screen.
• Find the “Router” IP address. You will get the IP address number near to the “Router” on this webpage.
• You will get the IP address number something just like this: 136.357.2.9
• After that, type the IP address of the Wi-Fi router.
How to Turn Off the Router’s Firewall?
• Type the IP address of the Wi-Fi router into the browsing software. Press on the address box given at the end of the browsing software.
• Enter the “Default Gateway” or “Router” IP address.
• Tap on the Enter button for the Windows PC users.
• Click on the Return button for Mac users.
• Type the password of the Wi-Fi router.
• Find and press on the Advanced settings button.
• Find and tap on the Firewall button.
• Press on the Disable button.
• Tap on the OK button.
Source :- http://www-mcafeeactivate.support/blog/how-to-disable-a-wireless-router-firewall/
Kellie minton is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on May 7th 2019 00:40. Viewed 375 times.