How to Customize Fonts, Background, and Themes on Gmailby john smith manager
Want to change your Gmail appearance to make it more exciting and attractive? After a time we all get bored with the same thing, either it is a new gadget or the interface we see in Gmail. Gmail is one of the most used as well as demanded email clients. Many social media sites and other websites support Gmail login, means thus can sign up and access all their features with a Gmail account. Apart from providing all these capabilities, Gmail also allows its user to use it as they want. You can change Gmail fonts, background, as well as the themes. Moreover, you’ll get these themes right in your Gmail settings. If you don’t like the default themes, Gmail also lets you choose and use your pictures.
Here is how to customize fonts, background, and themes on Gmail
How to access and change Gmail themes
Before customizing fonts or changing the background, you should try using themes. There are various kinds of themes, with multiple features and settings. Just do a few clicks in Gmail settings and see your Gmail in an all-new look. Here is how.
Note: Only desktop version of Gmail supports changing themes. You can’t change it in your Gmail mobile app or web browser.
1. Launch the ‘Gmail’ app. You can change Gmail theme in browsers too if you use Gmail in a browser then launch the browser first, and then go to ‘Gmail.’
2. You’ll be prompted to sign in with a Gmail account.
3. Now, open Gmail options by clicking the ‘Settings’ icon near the upper right-hand side corner of the page.
4. In the popup, click on ‘Themes.’ Alternatively, click on ‘Themes’ in the top settings menu bar. You should now see a new page open on your screen with various themes and backgrounds.
5. Scroll through the listed images and click the one you’re interested in. Clicking the theme will immediately preview it.
6. If you want to see more themes, then click on the ‘More Images’ option at the bottom.
7. Just click the theme you want to try out or select.
8. When you find the one you want to use in your Gmail, click on the ‘Save’ option.
Doing so changes your existing Gmail theme with the new one. You can change your Gmail themes as many times as you want.
Tips: To select a patterned background or solid color, view the images under the Pick your theme section. The procedure for choosing them is also same, select the picture you want to use, then click ‘Save’ to apply. Some themes also give more features and options to customize them, such as Vignette, Blur, Text, and background.
How to set a personal image as your Gmail theme
While Gmail allows you to choose any custom picture and set it as a theme, but the image should be in the Google Photos. You can only select the photos for your Gmail themes from your Google Photos Library. Therefore, make sure that the picture you want to use is on your Google Photos Library. If it is in your local storage, then you’ll need to upload it to Google Photos first.
Once the image uploads to your Google Photos Library, select ‘My Photos’ in Gmail settings, then browse and select the picture as a background theme for your Gmail. Here is how.
1. Open your Gmail account and click the ‘Settings’ icon.
2. Click on ‘Themes’ then select ‘My Photos’ from the bottom of the page.
3. Choose an image and click ‘Select.’ Make sure the picture you’re using is large or of high quality, otherwise will see a blurry background.
4. Customize Vignette, Test Background, or Blur effect from the bottom.
5. Click ‘Save.’ Now, enjoy using Gmail with an all-new look.
David Maxwell is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Aug 14th 2019 07:34. Viewed 248 times.