The Macro in Microsoft Office will help you in improving the efficiency while making MS documents and MS spreadsheets, adding or maintaining detail, or making forms for the other users to fill the empty spaces. You can create a Macro in MS Word and Excel by using Visual Basic Software or using Macro Recorder.
How to Create a Macro in MS Word
In case you wish to go through the procedure of creating a macro in MS Word, then select the method of creating a Macro, whether by yourself or by Macro recorder. And after deciding it, go through the steps mentioned below for both the method.
Steps to Create a Macro Through Visual Basic
Follow the steps to know how to create a Macro in MS Word by using the Visual Basic software:
• Tap on the “View” button in the top menu box given in the MS Word.
• Tap the “Macros” button nearby the “Switch Windows” option.
• Enter a title for the created macro by going to the “Macro name” menu box located in the “Macros” option.
• Tap the “Create” option.
• The users will see that the “MS Visual Basic” option for all the application software will get opened; in that window they can make the “macro” by entering the “Visual basic” passcode themselves.
• After completing the making procedure of the “Macro”, tap on the “Save” symbol located in the top box and after that, shut down the “Visual Basic” software.
Steps to Create a Macro Through Macro Recorder
Here are the steps are given below to know how to create a Macro by using Macro Recorder:
• Tap the “View” option in the top menu box provided in the MS Word.
• Press the arrow indicator under the “Macros” button.
• After that, choose the “Record Macro” button for start the recording procedure.
• Enter a title for the newly made “macro” into the “Macro name” given box located in the “Record Macro” tab.
• Press the “Keyboard” symbol for assigning windows to shortcut key to accomplish the “macro.”
• Tap in the “Press new shortcut key” box located in the “Customize Keyboard” tab and after that click on the windows shortcut key the users using for accomplishing the macro into the MS Word.
• Tap the “Assign” option located in the upper left-hand side of the display and after that, press the “Close” option to shut down the window.
• The recording procedure of macro will start instantly once they press the “Close” option. Go through the procedure of recording and accomplishing macro. They can enter text, formatting text; make a new table, adding photos and many other works.
• After completing all the works that they wish to include into the macro, tap the “arrow” under the “Macro” button and after that, choose “Stop Recording” option.
How to Create a Macro in MS Excel
In case you wish to go through the process of making a macro in MS Excel, then find the easiest method of doing so. You can create a macro in MS Excel by yourself; just go through the steps mentioned below to know more about it.
Steps to Create a Macro Using Visual Basic
Go through the steps mentioned below to create a Macro using Visual Basic software in MS Excel. Here’s how:
• Press the “View” option in the top menu box which is provided in the MS Excel.
• Tap the “Macros” button.
• Enter a title for the newly made “macro” given in the “Macro name” box.
• Tap the “Create” option.
• The users will get the “MS Visual Basic” option for the entire apps software on your screen and they can make a macro by entering the “Visual Basic” passcode by themselves.
• Once they have finished the making procedure of the “macro”, then tap on the “Save” symbol given in the provided box and after that, shut down the “Visual Basic software” window.
Source :- https://mcafee-activate.me/blog/how-to-create-a-macro-in-word-and-excel/
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Apr 20th 2019 01:59. Viewed 272 times.