How to Convert MKV Videos to MP4by Alexa Thomson I am an accountancy expert who has worked with
Today, the world is changing rapidly and almost transformed into the digital world. In this era, we see various video and audio formats on our devices. Such videos formats are MKV or Matroska, and the next is MP4.
Matroska Multimedia Container is an independent and open-sourced file format that can hold limitless videos, audios, images, and other subtitles under the single file. It serves as a universal format having the capacity to store various multimedia contents such as TV shows and movies. It works similarly as other formats like MP4, ASF, and AVI, and much more, but the main issue behind it is not supported on all the devices. In this case, it is recommended to convert MKV format to MP4 to get access to every device.
MKV and MP4 Formats
Sometimes users face various issues that MKV files are not supporting in their system formats. These MKV files come from various sources, such as Blu-ray movie sequels and sections of DVD. Whereas the MKV files are not widely supported on all the devices, the MP4 is one of the video formats that accept all the systems and formats. It can run in nearly all the latest gadgets.
In case you wish to convert your MKV files to MP4, then this blog is for you. You have to read the whole article thoroughly to get your MKV files converted into the most popular MP4.
Using VLC on Mac and Windows OS
VLC media player allows the user to convert any format video and audio file to your desired one. Along with these dynamic features, it provides the people with a deep understanding of how to play a video file on VLC.
- In the beginning, visit the homepage of your VideoLAN and then install the VLC file there.
- Make sure to read all the terms and conditions related to the program and website also when you perform the installation procedure.
- After that, launch the downloaded program and then tap on the “Media” option located at the top-left edge of your window.
- Now, choose the Save or Convert option by navigating the pull-drop menu.
- Next, hit the “Add” button and search for your desired file that you wish to convert to your dream format.
- Once you have selected the option carefully, then tap on the “Convert” or “Save” option there situated at the lowermost section of the screen.
- Now, confirm the video format that you wish to convert. It is advised to select “H.264 + Mp3 (MP4)” via the pull-drop menu located just beside the section “Profile.”
- Next, hit the tool tab located just after the pull-drop menu will enable the users to customize various setting options.
- After that, select your desired location where you wish to export the converted file.
- Next, tap on “Start” to proceed.
- The Timeline bar will display the converting progress, and as the file converts to your desired one, it will be ready for your use.
Note: The previous MKV file will exist on your system. In case you wish to save more space on your device, then it is recommended to remove the older files from your device.
Converting MKV files to MP4 by using Web-based Cloud Convert Tool
- First and foremost, go to the homepage of the Cloud Convert Tool and then upload your desired file. Alternatively, you can search it by navigating the tab “Select File.” You may import your desired file via Google Drive, Cloud-based services, and Dropbox by pressing the down arrow key on the tab “Select File.”
- Next, hit the downward arrow tab located just after the option “Convert.”
- Now, hit the “MP4” option from the available video format listing.
- After that, hit the big and red-colored tab “Convert” placed at the lowermost section of your screen.
- Once the process of conversion successfully finishes, you will see a green-colored “Download” tab.
- Then, press the Download button to get the file on your device in the newly converted format.
- In case you wish to convert your desired file quickly, then it is recommended to install the Cloud Convert tool as an iOS application or as Chrome Extension.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on hp printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Mar 14th 2020 02:04. Viewed 119 times.