How To Configure An Outlook Account With The iCloud Email Account?by Donald Wright I love to writr about technical stuff
iCloud email accounts already come with preconfigured all major email client settings. However, if you do not find your email account added to your iCloud then you will have to add its settings manually. You’ll have to set both IMAP & SMTP settings into your iCloud mail settings. Basically, the IMAP settings are used to receive email whereas the SMTP helps you to send emails
However, you cannot add POP mail settings into your iCloud account but can use IMAP settings instead. Hence, I read this article further to understand the important steps involved in adding these two accounts successfully.
Add Outlook Account To iCloud Mail Account: Steps
- Open-up the Microsoft Outlook email program in your PC
- Scroll to the File menu and then select Info
- Next, select the Add account option and then you will see the Add account wizard
- Select Manual setup or additional server types option
- Enter the name and iCloud email address of your account in their respective fields
- Select IMAP as your account type and enter the following details in their respective fields:
- Incoming mail server as imap.mail.me.com
- Outgoing mail server as smtp.mail.me.com
- Next, enter the iCloud username and password, and enable the Remember password and Require logon using Secure Password Authentication options
- Enable My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option
- Enter 993 as a port number on Incoming server (IMAP)
- Enable SSL
- In the Advanced tab
- Enter 587 as a port number on Outgoing server (SMTP)
- Save the changes and again sign in to your account
Furthermore, contact Outlook technical support to know more about iCloud outlook settings and get professional assistance; if in case, you are unable to set up your account.
Created on Dec 17th 2019 05:23. Viewed 432 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.