How to Change Email Address on Xbox Account?
by elina John IT Expert
Xbox Live requires an active email ID for accessing online features and gaming. Sometimes users need to change the email address associated with their Xbox accounts. Microsoft allows users to switch out the email addresses linked to their Microsoft accounts. Here is how you can change the email address linked to your Xbox account.
How to Change Email ID Directly on Xbox Account?
In case you wish to change or make modification in your mail ID setup on Xbox Live account, then you will need to change the information related to the Microsoft account as Xbox doesn’t have a dedicated site of its own.
In case the Email ID that you regularly use to log in is related to the Microsoft domain like @Live.com, @Hotmail.com, or @Outlook.com etc., then it will be removed permanently.
In order to change the email address, reach the account page of Microsoft and then pursue these guidelines:
- First of all, tap the “Your Info” button.
- Then, hit the option “Manage how you log in to Microsoft.”
- After that, select the option that you wish to remove. Then, press the Remove button there.
- In case, there is no email address available, you have to press the Add email option and then enter into the mail ID panel. Alternatively, you may tap the Add button. Pursue these guidelines displayed for the verification of the address that you have recently used.
- Press the Remove tab related to the old email ID.
- Then, press the Confirm tab there.
- You will now have a fresh email for login to the Xbox account.
How to Replace a Lost Email Address?
There are various methods that you can use to search for the particular email address that you used to login for the Xbox account. You may easily locate the email address by indicating the Gamer ID or Gamertag. In case you are unable to see the email, then you may have made some customization into the settings. If such the case, then you may easily search your email address by following these instructions:
- First and foremost, launch the Guide by tapping the Xbox tab.
- After that, hit the Profile option.
- Now, tap on Settings and wait for the launch of the Settings page there.
- Next, tap the Account button there.
- Select the Account option.
- After that, select the option “Sign In” followed by security and passcode.
- Now, look for the email address. It must be under the Home or Show section.
- Then, you have to use the email address for sign-in to the account and also for the recovery of the lost passcode.
We are hopeful that the steps mentioned above will help you change the email address associated with your Xbox account.
Source :- https://elinajohn.wordpress.com/2020/08/20/how-to-change-email-address-on-xbox-account/
Created on Aug 20th 2020 06:18. Viewed 44 times.