How the new YouTube Policy of 2018 Affects your Musicby Richa Jha Asistent Manager
How the new YouTube Policy of 2018 Affects your Music
One of the easiest ways for millenials to make money is YouTube. One can upload any video or mp3 song and turn the mp3 online site into a cash making machine. Until now!
As the year 2018 began, YouTube turned a new page to its Monetization policy. And this turn of events affects your new mp3 songs, your eLearning video lectures, your Vlogs, Vines, and basically anything that you upload in hope of making quick cash.
What the New YouTube Policy 2018 contains:
The video hosting giant has decided to make its rules tighter for its user channels to make money through advertisements.
With effect from February 20, the new policy seeks to bring an end to the survival of many old and new channels on the online music site.
According to a blog post by the company, this measure has been taken to ensure standard and quality in new songs, old songs, and any other videos of music or otherwise.
The updated policy is considered to be a result of a controversy surrounding a video. This video was published by popular YouTuber ‘’Logan Paul’’, showing a dead body in Japan’s Aokigahara forest.
Change in Eligibility Requirement –
- These changes will force channels to monetize in a new way through the new songs they post.
- Unlike the olden days, now only those channels that have got 4000 hours of overall watch time in the past 12 months will be eligible.
- Apart from this, these channels must have at least 1000 subscribers to be a part of YouTube Partner Program (YPP) and earn revenue.
Previous Criteria –
- The changes made by this popular video hosting site is a giant leap from the previous criteria where people simply posted a song and users in large numbers would listen mp3 online
- Earlier channels only needed to have 10,000 public views to become a part of YPP.
- Apart from the numbers you need, all your online music content and videos must be your own. And, you also cannot use mp3 songs that have a copyright. Similar rule applies to pictures, graphics, etc.
The overall impact of the new YouTube monetization policy 2018 is going to adversely affect many existing minor channels such as Vine makers, and online learning/eLearning producers who wish to educate students. It will also affect the up and coming channels who wish to make money.
YouTube believes that these measures will prevent bad actors from causing harm to the inspiring and original creators worldwide. It also believes to improve its ability to filter inappropriate videos from monetizing that can hurt revenue for others.
In November 2017, YouTube it had to remove advertisements from about 2 million videos and over 50,000 channels that were trying to appear as family-friendly, but had inappropriate content.
Source : http://www.sooperarticles.com/art-entertainment-articles/music-articles/how-new-youtube-policy-2018-affects-your-music-1643062.html
Created on Apr 11th 2018 03:23. Viewed 220 times.