How Software Testing Is Done?by Hruska William Best Software Testing Company In Canada
Software testing is an essential part of SDLC and validates that the software is free from all bugs and defects. It checks that the developed software is meeting the expectation or not. Companies all across the globe invest heavily in testing services just to ensure the quality of their product is improved. There are various approaches to conduct software testing and it depends completely on organizations that what approach they prefer to follow. Let us now try to understand various ways in which software testing can be done.
What is software testing?
It is the process of identifying bugs in the program or application. It is a verification activity which is conducted to ensure that the software meets the business and users expectation. Usually, before the software is released in the market variety of tests are conducted on it to ensure that the product is useful, reliable, and secure.
Why is software testing needed?
Below mentioned are some of the points why this software testing is needed:
· It helps to identify bugs in the software before the delivery of the software
· It makes the software reliable and easy to use
· Helps in improving the performance of the software
· Enhances customer experience as quality products are delivered to end-user
· Ensures that the software is vulnerability free and defect-free
How is software testing done?
Software testing can either be done manually or can be automated with the help of automated tools. Let us now try to understand various ways in which software can be tested
· Manual - Manual automation testing is done with the help of humans. But this testing typically takes a lot of time and effort and is more prone to human errors
· Automation – Automation testing is done with the help of automated tools. There is a variety of tools available in the market such as Selenium, Ranorex, Katalon Studio, etc. These testing tools make the testing process fast, and accurate. Also, these testing tools allow cross-browser, platform, and device testing, test scripts are reusable hence saves a lot of time and costs
Today, software testing is getting more advance with the help of the latest and advances technology. Let us now look at two such advancements in the software testing field that has helped businesses to deliver quality products to end-users
AI-based testing - With the use of AI and ML algorithms software testing domain has touched new heights. AI-based testing helps to shorten test time and identify defects earlier in the SDLC process. It ensures powerful reports, metrics and delivers real-time insights. The benefits associated with testing type are:
· Shortened testing time
· Easy bug identification
· Faster test results
· Executes repetitive tasks effectively
· Rich custom reporting
· Saves time and cost
RPA – RPA testing allows configuring a robot to integrate into human actions to effectively execute repeatable business processes. It helps businesses to boost operational efficiency by automating repetitive business processes with a software bot, thus eliminating human intervention. There are various benefits with this the testing type that are mentioned below:
· Ensures faster test execution
· Allows end-to-end testing of processes and BOTs
· Requires less maintenance
· Faster test reports
· Requires no human intervention
· Saves costs
Conclusion: There are various approaches to test the software but it completely depends on the organization as to what approach they follow. The choice of approach or testing method completely depends on project requirements, customer needs, and organizational preferences. Usually, organizations prefer advanced automated testing approaches such as AI-based testing and RPA testing to ensure quality-tested software is delivered to end-users.
TestingXperts has an in-house team of certified RPA testing professionals and in-house Tx-SmarTest (an AI-enabled comprehensive platform) that systematically caters to faster releases enabled with DevOps CI/CD implementation. Get in touch with our experts to know we can help you with your software testing needs.
Created on Mar 8th 2021 04:32. Viewed 554 times.