How Much does it Cost to Treat Gum Diseaseby Stunning Dentistry Stunning Dentistry
Gum disease is the infection of the gums which is generally caused due to oral bacteria that lead to inflammation in the gums. At an early stage, it can be easily treated with basic oral hygiene measures. But, the gum disease treatment becomes difficult as the disease progresses and it may lead to more serious problems of the oral cavity. Gum diseases are easier to prevent than to treat.
The initial stage of the gum disease is called gingivitis which is the inflammation of the gums. But, as the disease progresses, it reaches the periodontal ligaments and causes inflammation. This is called periodontitis. The disease starts with minor symptoms and if neglected, the condition worsens. The symptoms help in understanding whether the disease is gingival or periodontal.
Symptoms of Gingivitis
● Swelling and redness of gums.
● Sensitivity in the gums.
● Bleeding while brushing and flossing.
● Feeling of soreness of gums while chewing something hard or crunchy.
● Bad breath.
● Pocket formation in between teeth and gums.
● Feeling of looseness in the teeth.
● Gum recession.
● Sensitivity to hot, cold, and pressure.
● Medications like anti-depressants drugs, steroids, and pain relievers
● Hormonal changes
● Advanced age
The treatment procedures include non-surgical and surgical procedures.
● Improving oral hygiene.
● Rinsing the mouth with antiseptic mouthwash twice a day.
● Application of antibiotic gel on the gums.
● Removal of plaque and calculus by intensive cleaning of all the teeth called scaling and planing.
● Flap Surgery
● Tissue Grafts
● Guided Bone Tissue Regeneration
The cost of treating a gum disease depends on the severity of the disease and the treatment plan. It also depends on the technology used for the treatment and the expertise of the dentist. If the disease is detected at an early stage, the treatment can be done at a minimal cost but if it progresses, the treatment cost increases.
● The regular prophylaxis treatment cost about $30 to $75.
● The cost of periodontal scaling and planing ranges from $140 to $210.
● The average maintenance cost after the surgery is $115.
● Administration of antimicrobial agents in the gum pockets cost about $75 per tooth.
● The grafting procedure may cost about $250.
Created on Oct 18th 2020 06:52. Viewed 32 times.