How Do I Add an Excel Chart to PowerPoint Presentationby james thomsan blogger
- 1.Copy the Chart From Excel – First, open the Excel file containing the chart that you want to copy. Just right click on the chart and then select the Copy option from the menu.
- 2.Paste Your Chart onto PowerPoint – Launch your PowerPoint Presentation and head over to the slide where you want to paste the Excel chart. When you are ready to paste the chart, choose the small drop-down arrow, besides the Paste option in the Home tab. You will be given some options for posting your chart into PowerPoint:
- Use Destination Theme & Embed Workbook – This selection will post your chart into PowerPoint, it lets you edit it in later from within PowerPoint while matching your presentation’s color scheme.
- Keep Source Formatting & Embed Workbook – This selection will post your chart into PowerPoint, it allows you to edit later from within PowerPoint, but it will store the original color scheme from Excel.
- Use Destination Theme & Link Data – This selection will paste your chart into PowerPoint, it lets you edit it later by making changes or edits to your original data in Excel, the chart will match your PowerPoint presentation’s color scheme.
- Keep Source Formatting & Link Data – This selection will paste your chart into PowerPoint, allowing you to edit/changes later by making changes to your original data in Excel, the chart will keep the original color scheme from Excel.
- Picture – This selection will paste a picture of your chart into PowerPoint. The image can be edited and tied to any data.
- 3.Update Excel Charts in PowerPoint – If you have chosen to Link Data when pasting your chart from Excel into PowerPoint, any changes you made to the original spreadsheet file will upgrade the chart in PowerPoint.
- Manual Data Refresh – In case you made some changes in your chart’s information in Excel, but it still not updated in your PowerPoint, first make sure that the chart is pasted with the Link Data option. In case you did paste the paste the chart correctly, utilize the Refresh Data option under the Chart Design tab to sync your data.
- Microsoft Office Upgrade – Every time you launch a PowerPoint presentation that merged with another Microsoft Office product, like Excel or Word, you will head over to upgrade the links in the presentation file. If you want to verify the source of the presentation, then select to Update Links. All links to other documents will be upgraded with any changes you make.
Roger Frost is a self-professed security expert; He has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Created on Dec 25th 2018 10:58. Viewed 304 times.