How Can You Turn On Two-Factor Authentication For Instagram?by Ricky Johnshon mobile office
Two-factor authentication is a security feature developed by Instagram. When two-factor authentication is turned on, and you try to log into Instagram from an unknown device, at that time, you are going to be asked to enter an SMS security code (sent via text message) or a backup security code in addition to your username and password to prove you’re the owner of the account. Follow the instructions given below to turn on two-factor authentication for your Instagram:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on the Profile icon. You will see this in the bottom row of the app.
- Tap on the Settings icon. This is a gear on the iOS icon and three dots on Android present at the top right corner of the screen.
Note: Always remember that you must have a valid mobile number for your Instagram account before start using the two-factor authentication because once you enter your mobile number to turn on two-factor authentication; it ultimately becomes the confirmed number for your Instagram account.
- Then tap on the Two-Factor Authentication under Account.
- Here you need to tap on the Switch located next to the Require Security Code title.
- Then tap Turn On.
Note: If you never gave your Cell-phone number to Instagram before, you will be asked to do so now.
- A code will be sent to your phone number. And you will need to enter this code in the confirmation prompts and tap on the Done button.
- Then tap Backup Codes.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Tap on the Take Screenshot option or Copy Codes to capture your codes. You need to store them somewhere safe.
Note: If ever you lose access to your text messages or that phone number because these will be your only keys to get back into your account.
Thank you for reading. We hope this article will be helpful to you.
Ricky johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup
Created on Aug 16th 2018 08:17. Viewed 347 times.