Green Tea: Its Major Components and Its Health Benefitsby Jone Thomas Jone Thomas
Green tea is extracted from plants that are native to India and China, known as Camellia sinensis. There are multiple varieties of green tea flavours to provide unique taste sensations, ranging from bitterness, astringency, and its full-body bodied flavours. The constituents of Green tea has been reported for their importance in human health and have shown positive effects against many dreadful diseases.
Below given are significant components of Green Tea:
- Catechins: They are a type of polyphenol that is one of the major components of Green tea and is also known by the name of Tannins. They help in controlling blood cholesterol, reduction of body fat, cancer prevention, tooth decay prevention, anti-bacterial properties, and etcetera. They are a major factor to attract people to buy green tea online. Many brands work on marketing it as herbal green tea and lure people on their herbal tea price.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is known for having awakening effects after a long day or when someone wants to concentrate on work or feel refreshed. It helps in increasing alertness and stamina of the person. It is a bitterness adding a component in herbal green tea, and the herbal green tea price has been affordable in both online and offline markets.
- Theanine: It is a significant amino acid present in the organic green tea. The unique characteristic of this component is the full-bodied, rich flavour of Umami. It is a neural protection enhancement component of organic green tea along with its positive effects against relaxation and lowering blood pressure. One can now purchase green tea online, and because of competition in the market, the organic green tea price varies a lot in major brands.
- Vitamins (C, B2, E, beta-carotene, Folic Acid): Vitamins are an integral part of a balanced diet, and a good cup of green tea can fulfil its requirements as our body is not capable of producing it for itself. They have major effects against skin disorders, sluggishness, numbness in feet and hands, and fatigue.
- Saponins: Saponin is a component of all types of teas, especially matcha. They give a firm bitterness and astringency to the flavour profile of green tea. Green tea price also depends on this component. It has anti-allergy, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Also, there have been reported effects of saponin in lower blood pressure, obesity and influenza. The green tea price for weight loss depends on the measure of this constituent in green tea.
- Fluorine: They are major components derives from the extract of mature tea leaves and is known for preventing dental cavities as it forms a layer of acid-resistant on the teeth.
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA): GABA is formed when tea leaves are exposed in a vacuum without oxygen and is used in the formation of Gabalong tea. It has shown reported positive effects on patients who desire to lower blood pressure.
- Minerals (Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorous, Manganese, etcetera): Like vitamins, mineral are also an essential part of a balanced diet. Our body is unable to produce them as well, but our body requires them as these minerals are important bodily regulators. Organic green tea contains 5 to 7 per cent of total minerals ranging from Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Manganese and etcetera. They have a major impact on organic green tea price. Also, in terms of health benefits, They are biological regulators, and many functions are solely dependent on the minerals.
- Chlorophyll: It is a prominent component of leaves that give them their lustrous green colour and plays a crucial role in the photosynthesis process. It is a major constituent of Gyokura and Kabusecha (green tea variants). It shows deodorizing effects that are used in the production of chewing gums.
There are a plethora of brands available in the marketplace that offer best green tea of multiple types and flavours. There has been development in the market of green tea after people have started moving towards a healthy lifestyle after accepting risks of obesity. It is a significant part of anyone's weight loss journey and most nutritionists and dietitians advice ayurvedic green tea for weight loss.
Overall, green tea has a wide range of health benefits because of its multiple bioactive compounds. It has major effects in making people feel better, lose weight, and help lower down major chronic diseases. So it is excellent for people to incorporate in their lifestyle for all the benefits.
Created on Nov 22nd 2020 02:04. Viewed 34 times.