Google Pixel 4: How to Use Motion Sense?by Alexa Thomson I am an accountancy expert who has worked with
Pixel 4 by Google is an Android smartphone that works on Android 10. It was first introduced in the U.S in October last year. It’s the product of Google Pixel that is fully supported by Google Corporation. The smartphone is fully equipped with all the latest features, and the most appreciated among them is “Motion Sense.”
Motion Sense is a gesture system that a user can use to control the device and its associated features. Today, we are going to guide you on how to apply and use this newly launched feature.
Follow these guided instructions to know how to use Motion sense to control and manage your device functions.
Switching Motion Sense feature On and Off
Abide by these instructions to activate and disable this feature on your Pixel 4:
- First and foremost, launch the Settings application.
- Then, hit the tab “System.”
- After that, navigate to the Motion Sense option and hit on it.
- Next, activate the feature Motion Sense.
How Google Motion Sense Works
Motion Sense performs on your command based on your gestures. The functionality is straightforward and needed very little workaround. Pixel 4 will tell you whether you are nearby to the device or not but not your identity. This is not a camera application that captures your imagination. The whole gesturing process will perform on your device only. The smartphone doesn’t transfer any information to Google or any server.
- Motion Sense feature can do various tasks on the indication of your hand gesture over the screen. These tasks include:
- Alarm Settings, setting up the timer and make it snooze.
- Accepting Calls or mute it smoothly.
- There is some downside to these gestures as it is not able to break the call or to turn off the alarm.
Note: When this functionality is activated on your Pixel 4, then you may see the light blue glow on the topmost section of your device. It shows either the quick gesture is available to perform or you have just used the feature.
Using Motion Sense to Snooze Alarm
Users use this feature to get their alarm snoozed for a few minutes. It works when you wave your hand over the device screen. No matter you are waving from left or right. To do so, follow these steps:
- Set the alarm for the current time.
- When it starts to ringing, then you have to move your hands closer and wave over the screen.
- Then, you will see that the alarm stops ringing as it is snoozed for a while. The feature doesn’t let your alarm to stop completely.
- Hitting the snooze button and applying various tasks to get the alarm snoozed for some time becomes an old tradition with Pixel 4 introduction. The Motion Sense looks very interesting when it is performed on your device.
Note: This functionality only works on the built-in functionality of the Google Clock application. In case you are using any other application, it won’t work.
Using Motion Sense for Silencing Calls
Motion Sense also works on your calls that you won’t intend to receive. It is used to make your incoming calls silent but doesn’t dismiss it completely. Sometimes, Google provides the feature to accept calls on your device that makes the feature much appreciated and interesting.
- When you see the incoming call on your device screen, then swipe your hand either from the left or right side.
- The sound of the ringing will stop at once, but you will be able to see that the call is coming.
Controlling Media Playback through Motion Sense
Motion Sense plays a very important role in managing your preferred audio and video songs. This tool is very beneficial for the user in this regard as they don’t have to navigate and hit various sections to play the songs library. This feature works on the various video and music applications and helps to play your preferred media that you wish.
- You have to launch a music or video app.
- Then hover on the screen with the help of your hand to move on the next song or video.
- If you wish to go backward, then slide your hand over the screen towards right. This function provides quick access to your favorite song.
- Recently, Google has introduced one of the most useful features for controlling your media: Play or Pause your desired song or video. Pursue these instructions to enable Play and Pause feature:
- Firstly, hit the Settings application.
- Now, tap on the System option.
- After that, press on the Motion Sense option there.
- Then, hit the tab, “Pause Music.”
- Next, try to wipe your hands over any video or music and see that the desired song is getting paused and play through Motion Sense.
Note: According to Google, this feature is compatible with almost the media programs such as YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, etc.
Emily Watson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on brother printer support and many other related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Mar 14th 2020 01:42. Viewed 191 times.