Get Going with Smart Office 365 Setup Multi-Geo Capabilitiesby Maria William Software Developer
Office 365 Multi-Geo, the feature is developed and designed for organizations to spread out their occurrence to multiple geographic areas and/or countries within your existing occupant. Users with an active subscription and account at www.office.com/setup will be able to get the complete benefit of Multi-geo features. Also, the feature is only accessible on SharePoint and OneDrive of office setup 365 subscriptions.
Why does your organization need Multi-Geo Support?
- Whether you run a small organization or big, Office 365 Setup Multi-Geo will work as an operator one global connected association
- Allow your remote users with the same contemporary productivity experiences leveraged by your primary location users
- Pick exclusive URL namespaces
- Customize your sharing guiding principles as per geo-location and data loss prevention policies per site
Office com setup - for an active subscription of Office 365 setup
If you have Office setup 365 and you have already activated it with Office setup product key, only then you are entitled to configure the changes with your Office 365 multi-geo capabilities. Only the users with the access of admin panel are eligible to configure their devices with the Office 365 setup geo map, hence it is mandatory to have an account Office.com/setup along with a subscription of Office for business.
To make setting and configuration for your company’s existence, Microsoft Account Team will help you in a systematic manner. If you want to configure the feature, you need to perform a few simple steps.
Configure Multi-Geo in SharePoint
- Go to office.com/setup and enter your Office setup product key, if asked, to go to your account
- If you do not have a licensed version, you will need to purchase an Office setup product key to get the licensed software
- Now go to admin panel and click Advanced option
- Select Geo settings
- Click Add location and then select the needed satellite geo
- Pick a namespace URL now a new site will automatically be created
- Follow the on-screen prompts and save the changes
If you see your Office 365 presence to multiple geographic regions, the settings are made successfully. However, if you find it complex, go to Office setup and click Help option to find the fix.
Created on Nov 2nd 2018 00:54. Viewed 158 times.