FSSAI Registration Certificateby Martin Kemp service
FSSAI refers for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India which is an organization that supervises and governs the food business in India. It secures the food products suffer quality checks thereby decrease the food corruption and sale of sub-standard products. It is important for the registering of the food business operators in India and it lays down the rules and regulation for running the food trade in India. Every FBO who is engaged in the manufacturing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products must mandatory obtain Proprietorship Firm Registration or License. FSSAI Registration is little different from FSSAI License. It depending upon the size and nature of the business, FBO should obtain the necessary registration or license.
It is a 14-digit registration or a license number which is printed on all the food packages. The motive of this registration procedure is to develop more responsibility on the FBO to manage the quality of the food products.
Requirements for the FSSAI Registration Certificate
- Any Food Business Operator with an annual turnover between 0 to Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Minor retailer dealing in food products
- Any person who manufactures or sells any food article by own
- Food sale is done by the limited stall holder
- Any individual who distributes food in any spiritual or social gathering except a caterer.
Document Required for FSSAI Registration
- Identity Proof issued by Government authority.
- Address proof issued by Government authority.
- Photo of Food business operator.
- List of Directors with full Address and Contact details.
- Proof of ownership of buildings.
- Partnership Act /Affidavit of Proprietorship
- NOC & Copy of License firm manufactures
- Declaration Form.
- List of all Food products.
- Blue Print of processing unit & Equipment or Machinery.
- For Transporter: Proof for Turnover or self-declaration of no. of vehicles
Procedure for FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI registration is started by submitting Form A to food and safety department.
- This application may be accepted or it may be rejected by the Department within 7 days from the application date and the fact has to be suggested to the applicant in written
- If the application is accepted, then the department will permit a registration certificate with the registration number and the photo of the seeker.
- Food Business Operators should particularly display the certificate of registration at the place of trade during the working hours.
Benefits of the FSSAI Registration Certificate
- Consumer awareness
- FSSAI logo benefit
- Business expansion
- Legal edge
- Improved customer base
- Business Image
FSSAI Registration Certificate Important FAQ’s
- What is FSSAI Registration Certificate?
Answer: - It is a 14-digit registration or a license number which is labelled on all the food packages. The motive of this registration procedure is to develop more responsibility on the FBO to maintain the quality of the food products.
- Why is FSSAI Registration Certificate required?
Answer:- Every FBO who is engaged in the producing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products must mandatory acquire FSSAI Registration or License. FSSAI Registration is little different from FSSAI License. It depending upon the size and nature of the business, FBO should acquire the necessary registration or license.
3. How much time is required to renew FSSAI Food Registration of a person?
Answer:- FSSAI Food License can be renewed within 30 days before the expiry date of original License..
4 .Does Start-up food company required FSSAI Food registration?
Answer:- Yes, it is legally compulsory for all food business start-up get FSSAI Food Registration.
For more information: FSSAI Food License Online
Created on Apr 1st 2019 20:32. Viewed 384 times.