Five Main Types Of Orthodontic Bracesby Abhishek Patil Search Engine Optimization
Misaligned teeth are one of the most common problems in children. Overcrowded and improperly spaced teeth not only hamper the facial aesthetics but can also lead to various oral problems as kids grow up.
However, Orthodontist Carlsbad experts feel that incorrectly aligned teeth should not be a perpetual botheration any more, now that dental braces are easily available. To flaunt a beautiful and healthy smile, braces are an excellent solution for kids.
Depending on your child’s oral health, your budget, and recommendations of your Orthodontist in Carlsbad, Ca, you can go for any one of the following kinds of braces for your kid.
- Traditional braces - These are the good old school braces that have helped people straighten their teeth for many years. These braces are made of metal frames and apply constant pressure on your teeth to get aligned in the desired position. With the advancements in technology, these braces have now become light-weight and more comfortable to carry. Traditional braces are constructed with high-quality stainless steel and have metal brackets attached with a thin archwire.
- Ceramic braces - They work similarly to your traditional braces, but the difference lies in the brackets. Ceramic braces are made up of transparent clear brackets. Its appearance makes it one of the most popular choices as the braces will rectify your teeth' alignment without anyone noticing it. The elastic, however, can get discolored over time, causing stains on your teeth. Thus it becomes vital to visit your Carlsbad orthodontist regularly to keep away these problems.
- Invisalign - These are clear removable aligners that you can use to straighten your teeth. The best thing about Invisalign is that it is practically invisible, which means wearing it to rectify your teeth alignment will not interfere with your social presence. These aligners are removable and hence puts fewer restrictions on food or regular oral hygiene routine. Wear them at least 22 hours a day to get the best results.
- Forsus appliances - Orthodontist in Oceanside, Ca suggests that children should have their first dental clinic visit by the age of seven. Early childhood treatment can cure complex dental issues without hassles. If your child has bite problems, Forsus appliances can be used to rectify it. The device has a spring worn inside the cheeks. It remains attached to the braces, which helps in adjusting the jaws to proper positions.
- Palatal expanders - If you have overcrowded teeth and do not want to undergo extractions, palatal expanders can help you. It fits on your palate and applies pressure on the back of your upper molars. The constant pressure aligns the teeth and moves them apart from one another. Once your teeth move apart, your dentist can fit other braces to straighten your teeth perfectly.
Also, Read - Six Qualities Of A Good Pediatrician
If you are wondering which braces will be the right choice for your child, contact Captain Floss for the Best orthodontist in Carlsbad to guide you. After all, parents only wish to see their precious kids happy and smiling always.
Created on Oct 22nd 2020 04:25. Viewed 150 times.