Famous Delicacies of Bhuwaneshwar You Must Try When in Odishaby Stay Mango Mango Hotels
Bhuwaneshwar is the capital city of Odisha. It is the centre of the history and culture of India and is surrounded by many temples. Apart from the scenic beauty and the monumental aesthetics, Bhuwaneshwar is also a host to numerous authentic and delicious cuisines. Most people there are vegetarian but non-veg food is also readily available in the market. There are numerous hotels in Bhuwaneshwar near railway station that will provide you the comfort like your home and serve you the traditional meals you wish to try while your stay. Here are some top dishes of the place you must try while your visit:
• Crab Kalia: It is the most popular type of seafood available in Bhuwaneshwar. This dish mainly comprises of fresh crabs being mutilated and cooked along with potatoes, onions and ginger. The gravy comes out to be very spicy and delicious. Varieties of spices like black pepper, chilli powder and turmeric powder are used.
• Macher Ghanta: This dish is of Oriya origin, widely popular in Bengal. It is prepared mainly during the eight day of Durga Puja. This dish is the mixture of the parts of a fish, including the flesh, along with certain vegetables like potato, onion, and brinjal. Spices like cardamom, cinnamon and garam masala are used. Every hotel in bbsr offers this yummy dish to guests.
• Khichdi: It is a type of rice preparation where steamed rice is mixed together with variety of pulses in the oven. Vegetables like lentils, potatoes and onion are also added to the mixture. Khichdi is usually taken with fried papad or an omelette. This dish is also considered as a bhog offered at temples.
• Murg Saagwala: This is a Mughal dish which was introduced in Orissa during the Mughal period. It mainly comprises of pieces of chicken, fried and cooked with spinach and coriander paste. This dish is spiced mildly and is nutritious and healthy.
• Chingri Malaikari: This is a special dish popular in both Bengal and Orissa. The dish is mainly made using prawn and coconut milk. Spices like black pepper, cinnamon and red chilli are added which makes it more delicious. This preparation is usually taken with steamed or fried rice.
• Chhena Jalebi: It is the most famous dessert here. This is a sweet delicacy available in almost every restaurant and hotel in Bhuwaneshwar. These jalebis are made from fresh cottage cheese, which is properly kneaded and then deep fried in coconut oil. Then they are soaked in sugar syrup for several hours.
Bhuwaneshwar offers a lot of diverse delicacies to choose from and hence no doubt, it is a paradise for food lovers. Don’t forget to try these dishes out when you visit Bhuwaneshwar next time. It will definitely add a new flavour to your taste buds.
Created on Jun 28th 2018 01:54. Viewed 258 times.