EASY STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT THE QUICKBOOKS ERROR 1904by Darcy Short IT Expert
Sometimes the users face error 1904 while using the QuickBooks software. These errors occur mostly at the time of working with the software. You can contact QuickBooks Customer Support or follow these steps to troubleshoot the error 1904 below.
Launch the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
• Choose Ignore from the pop message window and finish installing the QuickBooks software.
• Do not launch QuickBooks and restart your PC.
• Download and launch the QuickBooks software
• Now, Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it.
• Further, restart the system again.
Open the QuickBooks software, and if you do not see the error 1904, then it has been fixed. However, if you still see the error, then do not panic contact QuickBooks Support or continue with the guidelines below.
Modify the windows account settings
Log in as the windows administrator to modify some settings
• Open the start menu of windows.
• Input CMD in the search box. You will be able to see CMD run icon, proceed by right-clicking on it and choose Run as administrator.
• Input in the net user administrator/active: yes in the command popup window and tap enter key following it. You can close the command window when the command is finished.
• Now open start menu of the window and choose sign out.
• Further, choose the account that says administrator and sign in with it. This way, you will not require a password.
Modify the user permissions
• Open the start menu of the windows.
• Now input file explorer in the search box and open the file explorer.
• Further search for the address C:\Program Files\Common Files.
• Proceed with right-clicking the common files folder, after this, choose properties.
• Choose edit that is available in the security tab.
• You will see a section that states group or user names, in that section, choose users.
• Then, you will see a section that says permissions for users. You can proceed to turn the following permissions on: list the folder contents, read, write, read and execute and modify.
• Now choose to apply and select ok.
Get in touch with us
If you are facing issues with the error 1904, then you can dial QuickBooks support number for technical help. Our team of trained specialists will pick your call and assist you with step by step instructions to troubleshoot the errors.
Created on Jul 31st 2019 06:59. Viewed 88 times.