Easy Bathroom Deep Cleaning Tipsby Whitney Mendoza Whitney mendoza
So many of our customers prefer cleaning products, and we completely understand why. We like cleaning products for everyday cleaning because they tend to be gentler on your skin and lungs, without the harsh smells and chemicals of more conventional products. However, sometimes products don’t seem to work as well. In the bathroom especially, you want to know that you’re doing a thorough cleaning job and getting rid of germs. So we’ve put together this helpful list of some of our favorite bathroom cleaning tips so you can keep your bathroom clean, and healthy. Most of these tips can be accomplished with simple household items–the big three being vinegar, baking soda, and dish soap.
Preventive maintenance cleaning of sink and shower drains
Maintenance cleaning is your best friend in general, but especially when it comes to bathroom cleaning. Once a week, pour ½ cup of baking soda followed by a cup of vinegar down the drain. Let sit for 20 minutes and then flush the drain with hot (preferably close to boiling) water.
cleaning process for tub and shower walls
Spraying the whole shower with vinegar and letting it sit can help loosen stubborn stains, soap scum and grime.
- Fiberglass: Clean using a paste made from dish soap and baking soda, wiping with a sponge.
- Porcelain: To remove stains from porcelain using only products, try spraying them with lemon juice and then sprinkling with alum powder. Work into the stain and let sit overnight. The next morning, add a little more lemon juice and scrub the stains off.
- Non-skid strips and appliques: Apply baking soda to wet or damp appliques. Let sit for 15-20 minutes and then scrub and rinse.
- Marble/stone showers: Many homeowners opt for natural stone or marble in their bathrooms because of the way it looks. Check with your manufacturer’s recommendations for cleaning products before applying anything to your marble or stone shower. These materials can be etched or stained by certain acidic or alkaline compounds–even all-natural ones! Even water can eventually wear away and dissolve marble and other natural materials. We like to use a mild, dish soap on marble for bathroom cleaning because it is gentle and pH neutral.
- Bonus tip: if you take a lot of baths, putting 2 tablespoons of baking soda in your bath water can help prevent a ring from forming around the tub.
cleaning solutions for grout
Baking soda is your go-to yet again for brightening up dingy bathroom grout. Make a paste of baking soda and dishwasher soap and scrub it into the grout. Then all you need to do is rinse it off. Our technicians love their toothbrush scrub brushes for detailed work like grout and the rings around drains.
Weekly process for toilets
Pour half a cup of vinegar into the toilet and let sit for half an hour. Sprinkle baking soda onto your toilet brush and then scrub the toilet.
Let the Professionals Help!
We are firm believers in using the best tools for every project (meaning that sometimes we’ll pull out the heavy-duty stuff when the situation calls for it!). We even offer exclusive Deep Cleaning Services Dubai for our customers who prefer it–at no extra cost!
Created on May 24th 2022 03:57. Viewed 102 times.