Documents Required for GST (Goods and Services Tax) Registration
by Nisha Sharma SEO Executive
As notified by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, it is not mandatory for certain suppliers of goods to register for GST given their annual turnover is less than INR 40 Lakh. However, as an MSME owner, one should know how to register for GST as you may be in the service sector and the laws may change any time. To register successfully, one needs to furnish the necessary documents like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Address proof.
Through this blog, we have listed a set of GST registration documents that individuals must provide based on their business type:
Who Should Register for GST?
As per the Goods and Services Tax Act 2017, businesses with a turnover of INR 40 Lakh and above in a financial year should mandatorily register for GST. In the GST regime, the turnover threshold for North-eastern and hill states to register for GST is INR 10 Lakh. Additionally, individuals listed below need to complete GST registration and obtain a unique 15-digit GSTIN:
- Non-resident taxable individuals
- Individuals who act as distributors of input service
- Individuals eligible for tax deduction under Section 37
- Individuals who make an inter-state supply of taxable goods and services
- Individuals with taxability under reverse charge
- E-commerce operators
- Aggregators who supply services under a new trade or brand name
- Individuals who supply goods and services on behalf of any other registered taxpayer in the capacity as an agent or any other manner
- Individuals or group of individuals notified by the Central or State Government according to the GST Council’s recommendations
An entrepreneur needs to register for GST given that he provides intra-state services with an annual turnover of over INR 20 Lakh and intra-state providers with annual turnover exceeding INR 40 Lakh. In addition, intra-state suppliers should also register for GST.
Documents for GST Registration
The common documents generally required for online GST Registration include proof of business registration, PAN Card, photographs, address proof of business directors and persons in charge, business address proof, and bank accounts statements.
Individuals can submit proof of bank details by means of a cancelled cheque, bank statement, or an extract from your passbook. Similar to this, electricity bills, rent agreements, ownership documents, property tax statements, etc. can be considered for address proof.
GST Registration Documents for Private Limited Companies
- Company PAN card
- Company Incorporation Certificate by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Memorandum of Association / Articles of Association
- Board Resolution of appointing authorized signatory
- PAN Card of Signatory
- Signatory’s Aadhaar card
- PAN card of all Company directors
- Address proof of all Company directors
- Bank detailsof all Company directors
- Business’ principal address proof
Documents required by Individuals and Sole Proprietors for GST Registration
- PAN Card of business owner
- Aadhaar Card of business owner
- Photograph of business owner
- Address proof for GST Registration
- Bank account details
GST Registration Documents to be furnished for Partnerships and LLPs
- Partnership deed
- Business’ principal address proof
- PAN cards of business partners involved
- Photographs of business partners involved
- Bank details
- Address proof of business partners involved
- Aadhaar card of any authorized signatory
- Appointment proof of Signatory
- LLP proof of registration
Created on Jul 9th 2021 04:18. Viewed 61 times.