Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing: a Brief Comparative Studyby Chris Woris Best deals near you
Around 4 billion internet users worldwide use social media platforms. You can imagine how important it is for a digital marketing service to make the most of these platform for promoting services and products. While there is still mass media popular among a class of people, most people are diverting to digital media platforms. So, your SEO service and other digital marketing campaigns cannot afford to leave this leveraging medium behind.
Digital media promotions have two types; one goes for organic reach of traffic and leads, while the other uses paid promotions on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. According to MicroSmart Solutions LLC, a renowned digital marketing service provider; it depends on the brand’s business and marketing goals which type of promotions to use and how to create a perfect combination of the both, if required.
In this post, we try to compare both traditional and digital marketing mediums to see which one is more relevant these days.
What is digital marketing, exactly?
When a firm chooses to promote their products, service, and brand via a social media platform; it is called digital marketing. The word digital refers to “online” and “web”.
Roughly, a digital marketing service includes the following:
- Social media marketing
- Ad copies
- Google ads
- Search engine optimization
- Email marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Local SEO
All these together or in the right combination lead to huge traffic drive to your websites and an increase in sales and revenue. As per agencies such as MicroSmart Solutions LLC, digital marketing makes it easy for a brand to reach out to people directly who can potentially lead to sales.
Advantages of a digital marketing service:
Some of most common benefits of using a digital marketing service are as follows:
- You can track results and monitor your marketing campaigns in real time using different analytical tools
- It targets specific set of customers divided according to group, sex, region, age, priorities, and culture
- You can use many engaging ways such as referral codes, surveys, contests, etc. to attract customers
- It is easy to gather basic and relevant information about your customer base using tools
- People are using social media platforms more these days. So, you can get to the right people who can be our potential customers
What is traditional marketing, exactly?
In simple words, any offline marketing is traditional marketing. It’s still relevant because people use radio, TV, and newspapers. Banners and hoardings can easily highlight your business to locals and passers-by. Leaflets and pamphlets make it easy to reach out to people in person.
Roughly, it includes marketing via these mediums:
- Text messages
- Business cards
- Direct mails to a physical location
Traditional marketing is the oldest type of marketing and is even quite in use due to some very important reasons.
Advantages of Traditional Marketing
Some significant advantages of traditional marketing are:-
- It is possible and easy to reuse your produced marketing material because it is in a physical form
- Easy to remember for the public since it is in physical form and becomes catchy to eyes quickly
- These physical items and ways are what people come across in daily life
Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing – What is better?
In the past, traditional marketing has done a great job and is still very effective for small businesses and in some special cases.
Cases in which a traditional marketing is relevant:
- When you’re promoting a product, service, or business locally
- When customer-base is among those who use less digital media platforms
- When you want to reach out to diverse public but in specific regions
However, recent years have proved how a digital marketing service can help businesses gain access to more potential customers in easy ways. Especially, the Pandemic has made it clear that digital marketing channels provide the best ways to promote your business, products, and services to more people worldwide. As per MicroSmart Solutions LLC, around 31% purchases are a result of social media direct campaigns.
Apart from that, digital marketing campaigns are better for all business sizes. It uses mediums that spread across different people and markets. On the other hand, traditional marketing is only beneficial for local promotions or businesses with small markets.
While reusing a printed material is easy for future promotions, digital marketing service campaigns have flexibility to get modified even after the production or having made live.
Besides, it is very difficult to analyze the results of your print and other such marketing ways. On the other hand, there are many tools available on the internet to monitor, analyze, and manage your digital marketing service campaigns.
Created on Sep 16th 2021 04:09. Viewed 123 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.