Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketingby Avanya Sinha Senior Digital Marketing Executive
As we all know, day by day, new ideas and strategies are arriving in this digital world, but as the saying goes, "Old is Gold", so the manner of old-fashioned traditional marketing can never decrease. Both traditional as well as digital marketing have their importance.
Making promotional advertisements in newspapers and magazines has the same impression as promoting through digital channels such as social media. However, it also depends on the brand and product you are going to promote. The integration of these marketing tactics into digital and traditional forms makes the strategies of brands and products better marketing.
Which type of marketing should you use?
The right balance between traditional and digital marketing has become the key to a successful marketing campaign. In terms of traditional form, newspapers and magazines have become better sources, and in the digital part, the upcoming social media platforms are doing the serious part and the businesses are having great success in it.
Comparing traditional marketing & digital marketing
Due to the upgrades in the digital world, it is true that marketers have undervalued the value of traditional marketing. There are some inclusions in traditional marketing which are given below:
- Posters, bus and taxi wraps, and billboards.
- Radio and TV broadcasting
- Printing in newspapers and magazines
- Catalogues related to direct mail
- SMSfor telemarketing
- Signs and display boards
Let’s have a look at the differences between each other.
- Easy to understand – In our daily lives, TV commercials are simple to understand and entertaining for people of all ages, but only the younger generation understands digital marketing updates.
- Permanent printed material – Advertisements for the New York Times in magazines and newspapers use better ink, which is permanent in nature until it is recycled, but in the digital world, each and every picture changes on a daily basis.
- Memorable in nature – In real life, images are more memorable than those on mobile phones. Any scenery or brand promotion on boards is more memorable than what we see on social media platforms.
- Expensive – When compared to social media, traditional marketing is somewhat expensive when it comes to branding or promotion.
- Difficult to measure – When compared to digital form, it was sometimes more difficult to measure the depth of banners or advertisement campaigns.
- No direct interaction - Traditional marketing products do not directly interact with consumers. As compared to digital media platforms, there is no direct interaction with the public for traditional marketing products.
As per the needs, demand and budget of the public, both digital marketing and traditional marketing have some kinds of benefits and downfalls.
Created on Nov 8th 2021 03:46. Viewed 358 times.