CPA course and CPA exam in India - Know everything from Simandhar Educationby Sailaja Simandhar Simandhar Education - CPA, CMA, CA, IFRS
US CPA ( Certified Public Accountant ) is a designation given by AICPA to the individuals who have passed the Uniform CPA exam, met the required and relevant experience. The CPA designation enforces high professional standards in the field of accounting.
US CPA Course Eligibility
To appear for the CPA exam, the candidate must have any of the following qualifications.
- Member of the "Institute of Costs & Works Accountants in India."
- Member of the "Institute of Chartered Accountants of India."
- Member of the "Company Secretaries in India."
- Master of Commerce.
- B.com graduates, pursuing Masters.
US CPA License Requirements
For receiving CPA license, the candidate must have to fulfil below requirements.
- In general, many states ask for 150 credit hours in some specific courses from a university or an accredited institute under NASBA.
- The candidate should pass the Ethics exam.
- Must have 2,000 hours of work experience in taxation, auditing, accounting and management consultancy (need not be under a CPA supervisor; Sripal Jain (CA, CPA) who is a licensed US CPA holder & co-founder of Simandhar Education can verify for you).
- Age limit: 18+ years.
US CPA Exam Format
There are four sections in the CPA exam:
- Regulation (REG)
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)
- Business Environment and Concepts (BEC)
The AICPA administers the CPA exam. The total duration of the exam is 16 hours (4 hours for each section).
CPA Exam in India
In India, CPA Exam testing began on January 1, 2021.
The uniform CPA exam is administered in Prometric test centers in the United States and international locations.
Indian candidates may schedule to take the "US CPA Exam in India" in the
Prometric locations given below:
- Kolkata and
Candidates testing at any international testing center should pay the exam administration before he/she schedules with that particular Prometric. For this process, please sign in to the NASBA portal and select the option "International Administration."
Salary of a US CPA
The US CPAs are more in demand across many industries in India. They can command good salaries because of their expertise in the fields of accounts and finance. Moreover, most of the companies retain US CPAs' talent in accounting by paying high salaries along with bonuses and hikes. In India, the salary of a US CPA entry-level is around Rs. 60 LPA.
According to Indeed, the US CPA salary in India is Rs. 9.25 LPA.
US CPA salary in big 4 in India is in the range of Rs. 12.5 LPA – Rs. 20.4 LPA.
Career Opportunities for US CPA
The CPA certification paves many career opportunities to work in the most renowned companies around the world.
Given below are some of the best job roles in India for US CPA:
- Risk and Compliance Professional
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Accounting Software Developer
- Corporate Controller Personal Financial Advisor
- Information technology Accountant
- Finance Director
Indeed, there are countless job opportunities for CPA holders in India. Many companies, including Big 4s like EY, Deloitte, KPMG, and PwC are hiring US Certified Public Accountants right now. According to Naukri, there are around 30,000+ job openings for the US CPAs in India, and this number keeps increasing.
Created on Jun 23rd 2021 05:30. Viewed 112 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.