US CPA Exam Requirements 2021 | US CPA Exam in India | Simandhar Education
by Sailaja Simandhar Simandhar Education - CPA, CMA, CA, IFRS
The individual state accounting boards set the requirements for the US CPA exam in India. Every state board has different requirements to sit for the US CPA examination. Many of the states have a core set of qualifications that candidates are required to be eligible.
Let’s have a look at the qualifications that are needed to sit for the US CPA Exam Requirements.
Below are the eligibility checklists to review before sending the state board application.
Do you need to be a US citizen to take the CPA exam?
The answer is ‘No.’
Most American states allow non-American citizens to become US Certified Public Accountants. But few states like North Carolina allow only certify citizens.
Social Security Identification:
Do US CPA aspirants need a Social Security Identification to take the exam?
Let us know the US CPA exam requirements.
The majority of the state boards need a valid social security identification. Most people don’t bother about US SS identification, as most international candidates are rarely involved in this system. Some states like Montana, New York, Illinois, Wisconsin, and South Dakota do not require Social Security Identification. So, you can apply to those states.
All the 55 licensing jurisdictions need a minimum age requirement of 18 years to apply for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant exam.
- To be eligible for sitting the CPA exam, you must complete a bachelor’s degree or have 120 educational credits. Some states require any bachelor’s degree, but few states require a degree in the fields of accounting, business, or finance.
- Regardless of the degree, most US states need a minimum level of business-related coursework or accounting coursework.
- Let’s know in detail: For example, many states require you to complete 24 semester hours minimum in the accounting courses, including advanced and intermediate financial accounting, taxation, and cost accounting. Typically, states require a minimum of 20 credit hours in courses like business and finance management.
- Few states allow you to sit for the CPA exam before you did your graduation.
- All the US state boards need your education to come from a recognized and accredited institution. It is often a problem for all the international students who studied in foreign universities.
- Few states require a minimum of 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam. But, the majority of states need 120 credits to be exam eligible.
No states need any work experience to sit for the US CPA exam.
The above article gives the US CPA exam requirements. It is the best time to start your preparation for the CPA exam. Hope for the best and reach heights in the CPA career.
For any queries about US CPA, contact Simandhar Education +91 9390584166.
Created on Feb 2nd 2021 02:44. Viewed 300 times.